• Yes - clearly the man for a new start

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • No - five defeats in the least seven hardly bodes well

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As long as he can bring in his own people to do the coaching then yes.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not in a million years.

I think he is someone ideal at coming in and motivating players and organising them better as a unit.

However, not the tactician or coach we need to take this club forward.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Give him the job now and let him bring in his own staff.

If we don't we'll waste another pre season and the dynamic duo will give contracts to all the dead wood, then tell the new man that Virgo and El Abd are good in midfield.

I'm not convinced that we'll get anyone better, we couldn't 6 weeks ago so why would we now. The only other people available will be those that were sacked.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Are there though? We went through all this with Adams when we were told there were 'loads' of replacements should the club sack him. People posted lists of unemployed managers - and yet when the time came no one seemed to be available. Or to be more accurate they either didn't want it (Ince, Boothroyd), were out of our league (Curbishley) or were complete no-hopers (every manager sacked by a League One/Two club for bad results).

There may indeed be better managers suited to the job - but would they come here? Or you may THINK they're better suited to the job than the present incumbent - and you then find out, too late, that they are anything but. After all that's what happened at the beginning of this season.

It's just possible, and I'm just guessing here, that the terms of the job at the time did not suit certain people. I mean, if Uncle Dick was only offering the post on an "Til-End-Of-Season-Basis" then this MAY have been the reason to reject it out of hand. Who knows what really goes on, I know I don't, and don't pretend to.

I think it is very difficult to judge Slade in these circumstances. He came in to a team that wasn't winning, that he could do very little with apart from a couple of more loanees, he couldn't change any backroom staff and with a mountain to climb, so it is very difficult to tell his potential.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I'd have to say yes despite the poor results, no new manager will have had the chance to have a close look at the players 'in action' and know who has to go and the few worth keeping, question is can we attract any decent players in Div 2 at Withdean - You'd expect us to be amongst the favourites for promotion but there seems little difference between Divs 1 & 2 so may be hard unless we get some proper professionals in, are all the injuries just down to bad luck or bad training methods (crap backroom staff!)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think he should be judged at the end of the season. Then we should look around to see if anyone better is out there.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Knight needs to make a decision within DAYS of our last game.
Unless our season is kept alive by 7-9 points in the next three games, he should be making moves before the end of the season, one way or another. Whatever happens needs to happen quickly, because we have so many who are out of contract who will need to be extended or replaced. We don't want to end up in limbo with the indecision drags on for weeks as it did with McGhee.

Personally I'm not sure, because I don't know what the alternatives would actually be to Slade. If I was chairman I would certainly be looking into them though.

Danny Wilson

Mar 12, 2009
Three are other Russell's equally qualified IMHO:

1)Russell Brand: better for most match phone-ins and could write a booky-wook about it.
2) Russell Grant: very popular with some of the lavender section in the crowd, and could save you the worry by forecasting the result before the game.
or
3) Russell Harty: he's dead and buried, but then....:angel:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I haven't seen us play for months now, but based on his record here I'd have to say there must be better replacements out there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he keeps us up yes, if he doesn't no. Harsh I know but my gut feeling is that he is not the man for the job. Not blaming him or anything but just don't feel he's right for us :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here