Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

slade - transfer list Hawkins,McLeod and Dixon

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
Yeh keep Mcleod he has a bit of pace and a wand of a left foot. Dixon, Hawkins, El abd can all do 1 as far as im concerned, I would carry them to there next clubs!:bigwave:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
He will prove you wrong. Mark my words. I would say he is are best midfield player and he will be next year.

Hmmm good luck with that opinion mate, but I just can't see it. Dicker will sign. He's better than Livermore. Slade will bring in more midfield players. They will be better than Livermore.

You out at Hove again this Friday?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Can't see Livermore being around next season sent out on loan when we were in the shit if slade wanted him I think he would have at least got a place on the bench. Hawkins was behind Hinsh who has been released so that don't bode well for him does it. Can't see where Dixon will get his chance Forster, Murray, Davies, Hart and Owusu so will be best for him to move on.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
He will prove you wrong. Mark my words. I would say he is are best midfield player and he will be next year.

Too right. Good players suffered massively under Adams' regime. He has played well at a higher level in a promotion chasing team who progressed to the top flight, if he's played in his favoured position on a regular basis he WILL come good.

If Slade can turn a seemingly 'old dog' in Gary Hart into a one man goal creating beast he can turn Livermore into a decent third tier player.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This time last year, Livermore was captaining Hull to promotion to the Premiership, so I've no doubt that with a good manager and a good pre-season under his belt, he's definitely got something to offer to your average Division Three team (ie: us).

I'm not by any means suggesting he's the answer to all our problems, I just think he's worth a fair chance.
Fair enough - it's all about opinions, isn't it. I'm not convinced yet, but one of us will turn out to be right. Fraser has been improving all season, and (coincidence or what?) the arrival of RS - and Loft and Hart in the starting line-up - turned our season round. We've still got Harty for another season, but personally I'd rather have Loft and / or Fraser available as back-up / support to the wonder midfielder(s) we're all hoping RS brings in.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Why Mcleod? At the start of the season he looked very promising, untill the Barnet game where he picked up that awful knee injury. We then proceeded on bringing him back far to early and he was never 110% fit. But since Slade taken charge he seems a fitter person and with a good pre-season under his belt then maybe we'll see the real Mcleod in which we saw very early on last season.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would pay off Hawkins.

The others? Well, if Slade can work his magic and get McLeod and Livermore playing well then who knows.

I don't see anyone paying a fee for any of the above though.

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
I think we've all forgotten that most of the signings looked OK at the beginning of the season, but gradually the whole team became shit as MA cast his spell. It follows that under a decent manager the likes of Hawkins and McLeod may well play a full part in the new season. So lets see what Russell thinks of them

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Livermore looked emotionally shattered at Walsall, he was one of the biggest disappointments of the season for me. I reckon he'd have something to offer next season though if Slade can get him on the right track.

McLeod I'm not sure about, he's got a great left foot but looks like he needs a lot of motivating and might be a bit of a passenger in games that we're struggling in.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I'd be suprised if we ever see Mcleod in the first team ever again, unless we ever put a crack pie and burger eating team together. Why, why why we offered Hawkins a 2 year contract for an ageing injury prone, central defender (when we had plenty on the books)and even looked at let alone bought Dixon is beyond me.

Micky Adams legacy is still with us.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
No one will pay money for any of them. You can only put players on a free transfer if you pay up their contracts or come to a finacial agreement with them. The only other alternative is if they ask to be released from their contract as they have somewhere else to go and the club do not wish to stand in their way. Cannot see any of these things happening.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Colin Hawkins has been injured an awful lot too,so comments made about Livermore and McLeod re fitness should apply to him as well.

If he gets-and stays- fit then an experienced centre back who has played in the Championship must be an asset.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I thought that both Mcleod and Hawkins were both rushed back from injury and that was their downfall - a rest and a decent pre-season could be just what they both need.
Livermore was just a bit slow which resulted in too many bookings and the odd sending off. Maybe a useful squad player, but nothing more..... Looking at who Slade has released, he must have an idea of who he's going to bring in and Livermore will probably sit below them in the pecking order

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have reservations about McLard. OK he's had injuries this season, but the very LEAST we should expect from a professional footballer is for him to maintain a level of fitness which would enable him to run without wobbling. He needs to keep himself in shape (and I don't mean a ROUND one).

Questionable attitude.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Livermore looked emotionally shattered at Walsall, he was one of the biggest disappointments of the season for me. I reckon he'd have something to offer next season though if Slade can get him on the right track.

The fact that Livermore was sent out on loan while we were involved in a relegation battle is probably an indication that he does'nt fit in with Slade's plans so I can see him being made available for a loan or free transfer next season. I would'nt be surprised to see Dixon, McLeod and Hawkins all going out on loan next season as well. In all honesty if players like Loft & Fraser can be released after playing a major part in our great escape then it does'nt bode well for the players who could'nt even get in the team during that spell.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The fact that Livermore was sent out on loan while we were involved in a relegation battle is probably an indication that he does'nt fit in with Slade's plans so I can see him being made available for a loan or free transfer next season. I would'nt be surprised to see Dixon, McLeod and Hawkins all going out on loan next season as well. In all honesty if players like Loft & Fraser can be released after playing a major part in our great escape then it does'nt bode well for the players who could'nt even get in the team during that spell.

sounds about right

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I think Mcleod may still have something to offer depending on his attitude as his left foot is impeccably sweet. It is very hard to find a left sided player at this level who is a natural wide-man (yeah ha-ha) and can put good balls into the box.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Didn't Livermore go before Slade got the job? (I think).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here