Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade to hit on the correct line up?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can someone tell what Davies has done since he has been here??

Dicker and Crofts must play.

From what I,ve seen so far.......very little.

I fail to undestand why any manager would have two lightweights (Davies and Bennett) in the midfield at the same time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There were reports that the talking between Forster and Murray on saturday wasn't exactly friendly. Those reports were common last year, too.
I also remember seeing it said on here that Murray and Forster each perform better when the other isn't in the team, but don't know if the figure back that up.

Forster - 7 goals in 11 appearances
Dickinson - 3 goals in 12 appearances
Murray - 0 goals in 5 appearances.

On all of that you'd go with Forster and Dickinson.

I've seen and heard plenty of reports of them joking around together. They seem like good buddies. Forster shouts at everyone.

Let's make that second bit a bit more TRUTHFUL, eh?

Murray - 0 goals in about 120 minutes (= to ONE and a bit appearances).

Last edited:

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
I seen and heard plenty of reports of them joking around together. They seem like good buddies. Forster shouts at everyone.

Let's make that second bit a bit more TRUTHFUL, eh?

Murray - 0 goals in about 120 minutes (= to ONE and a bit appearances).

Sorry mate, but your love of Murray is ridiculous.

I agree that the 0 in 5 slating is tripe, but have you actually seen and hear reports of them joking around? No, course you haven't, they don't exist.

Murray and Forster do NOT get on.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry mate, but your love of Murray is ridiculous.

I agree that the 0 in 5 slating is tripe, but have you actually seen and hear reports of them joking around? No, course you haven't, they don't exist.

Murray and Forster do NOT get on.

Sorry where have you got it from that they do NOT get on?

My brother was at the Brentford game and said that for the entire time before kick off (ie warm ups) they were together, laughing and joking, winding up Kuipers etc.

There were further reports on here from the last game saying they were chatting a lot to each other during the game.

At Stockport while Murray was warming up I saw him and Forster have what looked like a little joke at one point when Forster came near for a throw. They were both smiling.

Not all big points but it all adds up to them seeming like they get on really quite well.

Where have you heard that they do not get on? If you think Forster shouting at him means they don't get on, you've clearly never watched Nicky Forster play football before.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anyone suggesting certain players don't get on should either be able to name a well placed source, or admit that they really don't have a clue what the players do in their own private time. None of us REALLY know how well, or otherwise, the players get on with each other.

For me, the team tomorrow night should be;
Smith
Hoyte
Virgo
Tunnicliffe
McNulty
Bennett
Dicker
Crofts
Davies
Forster
Murray

:albion2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone suggesting certain players don't get on should either be able to name a well placed source, or admit that they really don't have a clue what the players do in their own private time. None of us REALLY know how well, or otherwise, the players get on with each other.

Spot on. If you're going to spout divisive crap, at least back it up.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
There were reports that the talking between Forster and Murray on saturday wasn't exactly friendly. Those reports were common last year, too.
I also remember seeing it said on here that Murray and Forster each perform better when the other isn't in the team, but don't know if the figure back that up.

Forster - 7 goals in 11 appearances
Dickinson - 3 goals in 12 appearances
Murray - 0 goals in 5 appearances.

On all of that you'd go with Forster and Dickinson.

But, when you factor in that Murray is coming back from injury, and Forster is getting on a bit and 3 games in 8 days might be a bit much, I would go with Murray and Dickinson.

All your stats aside it still frankly amazes me that there can be any Albion fans who wouldn't put Forster straight in the team. If he looks unfit then fine, let Murray/Dickinson come on after 60 minutes, but how can any justify dropping our top scorere, our most skillful player, and probably our most dedicated player (in terms of work ethic and professionalism)?

My team is same as most people's:

Smith

Hoyte Virgo Tunnicliffe McNulty

Bennett Dicker Crofts Davies

Forster Dickinson

Not sure why there is suddenly an urge to bring in Thornhill. At the moment I a waiting for him to impress in any role let alone starting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must admit that I have yet to see anything in Thornhill to suggest that he should demand a first team spot and from the reports when e signed on loan I have been extremly disappointed in him. Perhaps he hasnt been fit and we shall see more from him, I certainly hope so.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
All your stats aside it still frankly amazes me that there can be any Albion fans who wouldn't put Forster straight in the team. If he looks unfit then fine, let Murray/Dickinson come on after 60 minutes, but how can any justify dropping our top scorere, our most skillful player, and probably our most dedicated player (in terms of work ethic and professionalism)?

I don't have anything against him, really. It's just he's in one of the later years of his career, and to expect him to play every game is a little unrealistic, I think. He hit a purple patch and scored a lot in a few games, but hasn't scored in a couple of games. Perhaps tiring, perhaps just one of those things.

Either way, there's a long term to worry about as well as short term. If we keep starting him it could lead to a major injury that leads to losing him for mor ethan one game, then a few games of him coming back to match fitness. Isn't dropping him for a game the better option?

Though honestly, I was mostly just throwing it out there for something else to discuss.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Doesn't that work in reverse? If we don't know how well they get on and can't say they don't get on, we can't say they do.

I made it clear, I was basing my information on reports from the match. Yes, there were some saying they were talking a lot on saturday, there was also a report in the same thread that it wasn't friendly, it was Fozzie nagging and getting on Murray's case.

The other reports were from games last year that saw them play together. People who attended the games posting their observations on here.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Not a Murray fan really but i have to say when he came on at Yeovil he looked a different class. We looked so much more dangerous with him up top than with Dickinson which is a shame as in his first few games I thought Dickinson was gonna be immense. Any who leaves Dicker out the team is a bloody moron, quite frankly if we can keep hold of him for the rest of the season i'll be happy. Anyone who doesn't rate him next time your at a game just watch him for 10 minutes or so, count how many times he calls for the ball, makes space, breaks up the play and plays it out, see's passes that no one else does. He does the simple things amazingly and seems to have so much time on the ball where others don't. Think i could count on one hand the amount of times he's given the ball away this season with a stray pass. Smith should also be given a go between the sticks

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Not a Murray fan really but i have to say when he came on at Yeovil he looked a different class. We looked so much more dangerous with him up top than with Dickinson which is a shame as in his first few games I thought Dickinson was gonna be immense. Any who leaves Dicker out the team is a bloody moron, quite frankly if we can keep hold of him for the rest of the season i'll be happy. Anyone who doesn't rate him next time your at a game just watch him for 10 minutes or so, count how many times he calls for the ball, makes space, breaks up the play and plays it out, see's passes that no one else does. He does the simple things amazingly and seems to have so much time on the ball where others don't. Think i could count on one hand the amount of times he's given the ball away this season with a stray pass. Smith should also be given a go between the sticks

Can't disagree with any of that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not a Murray fan really but i have to say when he came on at Yeovil he looked a different class. We looked so much more dangerous with him up top than with Dickinson

I know you probably won't be able to answer this question, but are you sure we actually looked more dangerous?

I don't dislike Murray, but I don't see why he get's so much love on here. I asked once and was told by many people that when he gets the ball they feel like there's a chance of a goal.

I never got that feeling, so when he got the ball I never got excited.

But if the 800 other brighton fans around me do get excited because murray is on the ball, it can be infectious. You get excited because the electricity of 800 excited fans.

As such, he could make the same run that Dickinson makes, yet because it's Murray the fans feel excited, making it feel like a generic non-threatening run seem like a guilt-edged chance.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
I know you probably won't be able to answer this question, but are you sure we actually looked more dangerous?

I don't dislike Murray, but I don't see why he get's so much love on here. I asked once and was told by many people that when he gets the ball they feel like there's a chance of a goal.

But if the 800 other brighton fans around me do get excited because murray is on the ball, it can be infectious. You get excited because the electricity of 800 excited fans.

As such, he could make the same run that Dickinson makes, yet because it's Murray the fans feel excited, making it feel like a generic non-threatening run seem like a guilt-edged chance.

As I said i'm not Murray's biggest fan so i'm not part of the Murray wankathon that takes place on here sometimes but on saturday he just looked more determined, stronger, quicker and just generally more up for it. There was no sulking round the pitch that i've seen too many times before. Dickinson tends to get very dejected during games when he's blown up for fouls, not getting service etc and this happened at Yeovil. Not to jump on the bandwagon either but we looked more of a threat in the air with Murray as Dickinson doesn't really win alot. Maybe it was a one off but it looks like Slade is starting to get Murray motivated and in the right frame of mind and whether your a fan of him or not you can't deny that a fit, on form Murray would be a great boost

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Next time you see him live, watch Murray closely. Watch the way he brings the ball down. Watch the way he does classy things but makes them look simple. It's so, so different to someone like Dickinson, he just shows a class of touch you generally don't get at League One level.

And people get excited because he has the best goals to games ratio of anyone at the club, so a goal is always more likely with the ball at his feet than at the feet of most of our players.

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009

For me, the team tomorrow night should be;
Smith
Hoyte
Virgo
Tunnicliffe
McNulty
Bennett
Dicker
Crofts
Davies
Forster
Murray

:albion2:

Totally agree that this should be the line up but a little birdie tells me that Tunni may be dropped which i find a joke as he has impressed me loads since coming here. I saw him play last year ad he was dreadful but fair play it must have just been a bad day at the office...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here