Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade - Quiet but Effective

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So its FOUR signings and the transfer window hasnt even opened yet!

Also when we had all the naysayers who were up in arms because we didnt sign anyone after the Stockport game that we would have players lined up...we are just not SHOUTING about who we are in for...like Huddersfield for example.

And so its been proved. Well done RS.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What is pleasing is, like already said, Slade is going about his business and has the fans full support.

Which is something we haven't had for some time! A bit of unity at last.
I think a lot of that is due to the fact that Withdean Wanderer's been banned. There's no one pointing out the cloud in front of every silver lining.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
What is pleasing is, like already said, Slade is going about his business and has the fans full support.

However a team take time to gell so lets hope that everyone stays on board even if we have a shaky start. The last thing we need is for any negativity during the early months of the season

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

I think the combination of Slade keeping us up and Bloom taking over and making certain of the stadium funding has really united the fans and everyone seems fully behind Slade and Bloom.......a rather pleasant change!!!
It seems to me that Slade is building a good solid team, not necessarily superstar individuals or household names but generally younger players that have still got experiance at this level but with the potential to play higher, rather different to the championship has beens that adams insisted in signing.
Its similar to the Yeovil team that Slade built and took to the playoff final except hes signing possibly better quality players. If you add to this the apparent knack that Slade has of motivating and getting the very best out of his players im getting more and more confident about next season.....team building nowhere near finished yet but i cant wait for next season to start!!!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I will wait to see how they perform before hailing Slade as a genius.

Plenty of people (not me...) thought Hawkins and McLeod were genuinely brilliant signings. And Steve Thomson.

I don't think anyone was hailing Hawkins as a brilliant signing, good to have decent cover but I dont remember anyone thinking he was awesome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here