• Fence - can't decide

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just for you Freddie

[yt]ZZyTmszwi8E[/yt]

Thanks for that. I believe Slade started as a skinhead group so always popular with the 'lads' whereas Bolan was bit too airy fairy for my tastes. Mind you, they all went glam in the end.

As for Mott, well, didn't they only ever have one song that cut the mustard? @All the young dudes' was an anthem of the time and the video really catches it so well. Always reminds me of that trip to Luton when trouble kicked off big time.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Thanks for that. I believe Slade started as a skinhead group so always popular with the 'lads' whereas Bolan was bit too airy fairy for my tastes. Mind you, they all went glam in the end.

As for Mott, well, didn't they only ever have one song that cut the mustard? @All the young dudes' was an anthem of the time and the video really catches it so well. Always reminds me of that trip to Luton when trouble kicked off big time.

Bolleaux fair fred bolleaux...'All the way to Memphis'!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Fence. I liked them both.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Strange coincidences there.

Monsters of Rock the first (and only) time I saw Slade live (loved the bog-roll arrival on stage!). Agree they were brilliant. To be fair to BOC that day, the drummer walked out just before the gig and they had a roadie doing the rhythm. In the circumstances, I thought they did ok. Also thought Whitesnake blew AC/DC away that day, but I've never rated AC/DC, to be honest.
Whitesnake were sensational that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here