Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade interview in Sporting life

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I must say that in his position I wouldnt take out a 12 month rental coontract on a house.

But you didn't reckon Whing would last the season as our RB last year, so your track record of predictions ain't that hot. :bigwave:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
An observation:

People don't get grumpier as they get older, they just get old.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I've got a feeling that Russell Slade will still be our manager in 10 years time. Although we've had our good share of decent managers over the past 10 years, I think this blokes come from nowhere and will be around for a long long time

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I've got a feeling that Russell Slade will still be our manager in 10 years time. Although we've had our good share of decent managers over the past 10 years, I think this blokes come from nowhere and will be around for a long long time

I thought that about Deano! :shootself

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
My boss knows Slade very well and speaks very highly of him as a manager and as person - said he thinks things through and goes about his job calmly, quietly and professionally.

Sums up what we've seen of him this summer I think, he's identified the players he likes and gone ahead and signed them. Now lets give him a bit of time to get them playing the way he wants them to.

Bring it on!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
slade once again comes across bloody well, and it seems that virtually every albion fan is behind him, which makes a pleasant change. the once concern is that if the team isnt pushing for top 10 or where mr bloom wants to be, then will be get rid? i bloody hope

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Doesn't matter how NICE Slade may be or how MUCH people like him the only thing that MATTERS is results and if he doesn't DELIVER he will be OUT.
Bloom is not going to BANKROLL the club and watch them drift into the bottom HALF or worse.
Were you abused as a child?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From the outside looking in, it would appear the job you have here is quite different to the job you had at Yeovil, at least in terms of resources. Would you agree with that?

The support and the back-up behind the scenes would be the biggest difference between the two football clubs.

Is RS comparing us unfavourably to Yeovil, or the other way round?

RS knows our support is tremendous , at the end of yesterdays game he told the players to go to the away end to show their appreciation. The 60 odd fans who turned up would have been a normal regular away following at his previous clubs , Grimsby and Yeovil.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But you didn't reckon Whing would last the season as our RB last year, so your track record of predictions ain't that hot. :bigwave:

That was due to the fact that he was all we had, not because he was exceptionally good, although a number of fans must have thought so but then that is what football is about individual opinions.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Russell Slade is such a genuine bloke, he's a fairly small name manager but he's progressive, respectable and passionate. We're very, very lucky to have him and I'm delighted he's our manager. He's got my support for as long as he wants it. :thumbsup:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia

I don't wish to belittle your opinion Mr B, because I'd love to think that we'd have enjoyed the stability and success that such a situation would require, but I think that the state of the modern game renders that absolutely impossible.

And don't worry about Ernest - he's been spooling out the same tired old schtick for some years now, like some desperate gin sodden old actor who's desperate for one more spell in the limelight but keeps getting offered Shake'n Vac ads. I find the 'Ignore' list extremely useful in such cases. :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Russell Slade is such a genuine bloke, he's a fairly small name manager but he's progressive, respectable and passionate. We're very, very lucky to have him and I'm delighted he's our manager. He's got my support for as long as he wants it. :thumbsup:

He gets our support as long as he is successful. Thats the bottom line here. I do like what he has to say though but that counts for nothing, its about results.

I think he willl do ok.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
What I like about Slade is he sees it EXACTLY the same as the fans.

Take Adams last year, it was so blatantly obvious the mistakes he was making, the starting line ups, the tactics.

Slade comes in and immediately sees what we see. Cleared out the deadwood, strengthened in all areas and got the team playing with confidence.

Legend:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here