• In

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Out

Votes: 34 72.3%

• Total voters

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
These threads get very tedious I reckon, what do others think ?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I agree with bha and why don't we just let the man get on with the job he has to do without continually criticising him. When he kept us up at the end of last season he was the saviour but some people have short memories.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
totally agree....i know our league position is poor but i think were seeing better football this season, if we can sort out injuries and stop all these suspensions and get a settled back 4 i think we'll be fine.....added to that the stadium rising from the ground i dont think things are too bad....just let Slade get on with things......wre definatly going in the right direction on and off the pitch.....we dont need to be in top 7 in October......now who was it who said that????? :thumbsup:

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
totally agree....i know our league position is poor but i think were seeing better football this season, if we can sort out injuries and stop all these suspensions and get a settled back 4 i think we'll be fine.....added to that the stadium rising from the ground i dont think things are too bad....just let Slade get on with things......wre definatly going in the right direction on and off the pitch.....we dont need to be in top 7 in October......now who was it who said that????? :thumbsup:

Well said. :albion1:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we lose today, a Slade in or out poll will be posted within a few minutes. If we win some joker will ask where all the Slade out NSCers have disappeared to. One thing is guaranteed, the predicabilty of NSC after a defeat or win.

Personally don't mind them because I find it amusing that so many people can see games so differently when they've just been to the same match..

I like Slade but no wins in the next 3 will see him get the boot imo. It'll be a shame if it happens like that as I think he is moving the team in the right direction and the football that I have seen in the two home defeats I've witnessed has been streets ahead of the headless chicken shit that Adams and his team served up last year.

heavyweightsrbest

Oct 10, 2009
Just looked in the record books and see that Clough and Taylor had a worse run of results than Slade and just missed relegation in their first season. Nobody was calling for their heads. They put the roots of a good side down over two seasons by buying and selling players until they got a reasonable team. We are relying too much on youth and need a few more old heads if we want promotion in two years.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Out, but an ironic one after we hit a run of 5 wins, or perhaps if we make it to the top of the table would be acceptable.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just looked in the record books and see that Clough and Taylor had a worse run of results than Slade and just missed relegation in their first season. Nobody was calling for their heads. They put the roots of a good side down over two seasons by buying and selling players until they got a reasonable team. We are relying too much on youth and need a few more old heads if we want promotion in two years.

Actually Peter Taylor did the work. Clough just swanned around shooting his mouth off and taking the cash. That is of course, except for the weekend he swanned off to Las Vegas to watch some boxing.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I like Slade but no wins in the next 3 will see him get the boot imo. It'll be a shame if it happens like that as I think he is moving the team in the right direction and the football that I have seen in the two home defeats I've witnessed has been streets ahead of the headless chicken shit that Adams and his team served up last year.

I want him to stay too at least until the end of the season as long as he can keep us up. I think we need stability and he needs time to finish what he has started.

In response to what u have said if all the fans were still for slade after no wins in the next 3 then i dont think bloom would sack him so to some extent slades future is in our hands!!

Is that a good or bad thing tho!!!

heavyweightsrbest

Oct 10, 2009
Actually Peter Taylor did the work. Clough just swanned around shooting his mouth off and taking the cash. That is of course, except for the weekend he swanned off to Las Vegas to watch some boxing.

You are right Taylor did do all the work. Clough was the mouthpiece. Hence the gradual decline of Forest once the partnership split up. However they were the best managerial partnership in football at the time and still did not get us up in two seasons. Slade needs time.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can't stand the Slade out threads because they are outrageously ignorant and fueled by the ramblings of short-term thinking idiots. In my own, humble, opinion.

They're not constructive, supportive nor worth reading.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You are right Taylor did do all the work. Clough was the mouthpiece. Hence the gradual decline of Forest once the partnership split up. However they were the best managerial partnership in football at the time and still did not get us up in two seasons. Slade needs time.

To be fair again Mullery took us into Division Two with the nucleus of Taylor's team. Slightly ironic that the next Peter Taylor did the same thing with Micky Adams' team.

Mind you, I agree Slade does need more time.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I'm still an 'in' - purely on the achievement of last season. We need to take at least 9 points out of the next 12 for me to be totally convinced (fickle football fans eh?) :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here