Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade in but...

I am getting a tad worried now. Don't get me wrong I will argue until I am blue in the face that Slade is the long term future for the club but a few things are making me feel a bit iffy.

Are team today was:
Albion: (4-4-2) Kuipers; Hoyte, Tunnicliffe, Elphick, Wright; Bennett, Crofts, Dicker, A Davies (Cox 73); Forster, Dickinson (Murray 59). Subs not used: McNulty, Hart, Thornhill, Smith, Virgo.
Now if we can't beat Yeovil, a relegation favorite, with this team, then I dont hold much hope for us this season.

The squad has improved immensely and Slade has brought in many new faces to the backroom staff, although Bob and Deans band of performing seals still remain, we are looking a much healthier club. It is just the inability to, well, simply WIN!!! that is very worrying.

On the plus two other players than Forster scored today and with a game in hand a win on Tuesday could take us to within 6 points of the play offs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For the 1st time I'm wobbling a bit on Slade, really unimpressive result today. We sounded dire for short spells on the radio commentary and apparently allowed ourselves to get outmuscled. I'll be interested in what those who were ther have to say when they get back.

We have played 11 games and not really started to string much together, it's worrying if you accept we have better players this year (although we still lack some old heads)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
OUR. :rant:

OUR team for today. And our team for today got us a 2-2 draw in the away match we played. It's a decent result, and we can build on it on tuesday night with a thumping great win against the Gills! :thumbsup:

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
There is still a lot of support for Slade but what is this based on, I know he was previously at Yeovil but unaware of his experience and past achievements,can anybody provide these details?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There is still a lot of support for Slade but what is this based on, I know he was previously at Yeovil but unaware of his experience and past achievements,can anybody provide these details?

He came within one game of getting yeovil promoted to the championship, and was manager of the year.

With us he took a team seemingly doomed for relegation and kept us up.

It is generally accepted the games are better, more entertaining this season (albeit without the results to back them up).

He generally speaks sense in his post match interviews, not spouting nonsense about needing to give the players a hug etc.

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
OUR. :rant:

OUR team for today. And our team for today got us a 2-2 draw in the away match we played. It's a decent result, and we can build on it on tuesday night with a thumping great win against the Gills! :thumbsup:

Are you for real? Yeovil couldnt have put out a poorer team against us and we still couldnt defend a 2 goal lead. Thats unforgivable!

They are one of the worst sides in the league with their full squad available!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He came within one game of getting yeovil promoted to the championship, and was manager of the year.

With us he took a team seemingly doomed for relegation and kept us up.

It is generally accepted the games are better, more entertaining this season (albeit without the results to back them up).

He generally speaks sense in his post match interviews, not spouting nonsense about needing to give the players a hug etc.

:thumbsup: for all of that

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We went away to a league 1 club and drew 2-2, it's a disappointing result in the context of the game but if you'd offered me a 2-2 draw this morning, I would have taken it. We don't usually do well at Yeovil (1-1 last season).

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
We went away to a league 1 club and drew 2-2, it's a disappointing result in the context of the game but if you'd offered me a 2-2 draw this morning, I would have taken it. We don't usually do well at Yeovil (1-1 last season).

Dissapointing result! in a previous text you said it was a decent result!

Make your mind up NINJA!

Its a f***ing shambles of a result if you ask me. 2-0 up to a shitty reserve side and we cant even beat them.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Dissapointing result! in a previous text you said it was a decent result!

Make your mind up NINJA!

Its a f***ing shambles of a result if you ask me. 2-0 up to a shitty reserve side and we cant even beat them.

It's very simple, if you look at Yeovil 2-2 Brighton, knowing what happened in the match and knowing that we let a 2-0 lead slip, it's disappointing. But it's a decent result in that we were playing away to a team who had been on a run of form recently.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
ffs. can we pleeeeze stop this in-fighting. RS saved us last season and he's had a whopping 12 games to build a new side to challenge for the championship. These things take time y'know.... Sir Alex took 3 fackin years to get anything right, so let's cut out the instant success bull and think of the future.....one step back to go two forward maybe?
and yes, i have been drinking...:drink:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's very simple, if you look at Yeovil 2-2 Brighton, knowing what happened in the match and knowing that we let a 2-0 lead slip, it's disappointing. But it's a decent result in that we were playing away to a team who had been on a run of form recently.

What run of form would that be then ?.

16 Gillingham 11 0 12
17 Yeovil 12 -1 12
18 Leyton Orient 12 -8 12
19 Carlisle 12 -4 11
20 Stockport 11 -4 11
----------------------------------------------
21 Brighton 11 -8 10
22 Wycombe 12 -8 7
23 Tranmere 11 -17 7
24 Southampton 12 3 5

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008

Ninja - A team who have won 2 games all season are not on a run of form!! If your going to post them post things that make sense!

Forunately for Brighton there are about 10 other teams who are also pretty f***ing diabolical in this league so i guess we'll get a point or 2 somewhere.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ninja - A team who have won 2 games all season are not on a run of form!! If your going to post them post things that make sense!

Forunately for Brighton there are about 10 other teams who are also pretty f***ing diabolical in this league so i guess we'll get a point or 2 somewhere.

Had they not kept 2 clean sheets before playing us today? I thought I read in the Argus that they were unbeaten in 3? I might be wrong, I can't be bothered to check to be honest.

We're not a bad team, saying that makes me think you haven't bothered watching us this season yet, frankly. We're just not quite getting the results, we're not far from it though, are we? Late goals aside, we're very close to being a quality side. We just need a few more games to get the team playing properly together, and we'll have a Brighton team to be pleased about. :thumbsup:

What run of form would that be then ?.

16 Gillingham 11 0 12
17 Yeovil 12 -1 12
18 Leyton Orient 12 -8 12
19 Carlisle 12 -4 11
20 Stockport 11 -4 11
----------------------------------------------
21 Brighton 11 -8 10
22 Wycombe 12 -8 7
23 Tranmere 11 -17 7
24 Southampton 12 3 5

The thing is though we are lucky that other teams haven't pulled away. I am looking at it this way. We win our game in hand on Tuesday to go within 6 points of the play offs, and then beat Tranmere to then go hopefully withing 4 or 5 points of 6th.

If we win the next two, which we really need and should do, then hopefully we can push on and get results against the likes of Charlton and Norwich in that appalling run of games we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here