Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade has only been gone 5 days

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
It sounds like we have been managerless for months, and that the club is on its last legs. In fact its does get kind of exhausting seeing how angry some people are getting.

Give Bloom a chance to find the right candidate, and find a candidate that will work within our budget and wants to be here and will get the very best out of our players.

So what if we did not get coppell. For all we know he might have made the situation worse.

Lets keep calm and see what happens. By next week I am sure we will have an FA Cup win behind us, and the new man will have already been announced.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
It sounds like we have been managerless for months, and that the club is on its last legs. In fact its does get kind of exhausting seeing how angry some people are getting.

Give Bloom a chance to find the right candidate, and find a candidate that will work within our budget and wants to be here and will get the very best out of our players.

So what if we did not get coppell. For all we know he might have made the situation worse.

Lets keep calm and see what happens. By next week I am sure we will have an FA Cup win behind us, and the new man will have already been announced.

Well said that man :clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think the point is; why sack Slade without having someone else lined up? It's not like things were going so wrong that we were better off with an internal caretaker than Slade, far from it.

Just seems that we have learned nothing from the scramble we had earlier in the year after getting rid of Adams. You'd hope that we have sounded out a couple of candidates, or already have a shortlist drawn up at least. Instead it feels like we have just cleared the decks, and gone "right, now who's out there."

Just has a rather unprofessional feel about it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The point is, we appear to have binned a bloke after 15 games, without having the first idea who to get in to replace him.
If Coppell was waiting in the wings to take the job, then I can accept that sacking. Still not very happy about it, but I can accept the poor start done for him IF there was someone of the calibre of Coppell waiting to take charge.

But to bin Slade last week and go to straight over to shortlists ? Err, nah. That has all the hallmarks of a shambles. And no, I don't buy Mr Burns's "Coppell said yes but then no" cover story either.

Mar 10, 2006

Spot on. I wonder if there was more going on behing the scenes under Slade that we don't know about and that is why Bloom felt he had to stop the rot and act quickly. I would rather he takes a bit of time speaking to people and gets the right person in and that person in turn gets who he wants in alongside him rather than a rash appointmnet that blows up in our faces 4 months down the line.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I think the point is; why sack Slade without having someone else lined up? It's not like things were going so wrong that we were better off with an internal caretaker than Slade, far from it.

Just seems that we have learned nothing from the scramble we had earlier in the year after getting rid of Adams. You'd hope that we have sounded out a couple of candidates, or already have a shortlist drawn up at least. Instead it feels like we have just cleared the decks, and gone "right, now who's out there."

Just has a rather unprofessional feel about it.

For fucks sake.....the majority of clubs who sack their managers dont have anyone lined up, and have to go through the process that our Chairman is going through now. You get a short list, interview people and then choose the person you want for the job.......like most companies !!! And when you say'its not like things were going so wrong'..........erm..4th from bottom,shipping goals in like floodwater. Mmmm !! AND as the thread said...its 5 DAYS !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spot on. I wonder if there was more going on behing the scenes under Slade that we don't know about and that is why Bloom felt he had to stop the rot and act quickly. I would rather he takes a bit of time speaking to people and gets the right person in and that person in turn gets who he wants in alongside him rather than a rash appointmnet that blows up in our faces 4 months down the line.

Its not that I'm impatient for him to make a rash appointment NOW.
Obviously now we know we had nobody lined up, it makes sense that Bloom is going to have to peruse all the applicants to ensure he makes the right choice.

But honestly, to sack Slade 15 games in and not have someone lined up ? Thats two-bob.

Mar 10, 2006
If he'd had someone lined up who stepped into Slade's shoes on Monday this place would have gone into meltdown with people crying how Bloom stabbed Slade in the back. As I say it does make you wonder whether he had to act sooner rather than later and only people close to the situation would know that.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm pretty sure when we sacked Wilkins and brought Adams in straight away people were angry that we had given the job to him while Wilkins was still in charge...

Yet now we do it the CORRECT way and do an interview process it's 'two-bob'

we have a HUGE gap from slades sacking to the first league match. It's the right time to do it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For fucks sake.....the majority of clubs who sack their managers dont have anyone lined up, and have to go through the process that our Chairman is going through now. You get a short list, interview people and then choose the person you want for the job.......like most companies !!! And when you say'its not like things were going so wrong'..........erm..4th from bottom,shipping goals in like floodwater. Mmmm !! AND as the thread said...its 5 DAYS !

Thats bollocks.
If Slade had chosen to walk last week, or simply HAD to be sacked last Sunday because we were maroooned and adrift in the relegation zone, then fair enough, bring on the shortlists and the whole bloody interview process that goes with it.

But we're just 15 games into the season, and we're hardly embedded in the relegation zone. We're only a couple of wnis from mid-table ! The start to the season has been a concern, it was disappointing, but it certainly wasn't time for PANIC STATIONS and sackings. The ONLY justification for such an early sacking was if we had someone BETTER lined up and ready to take the job (Coppell). The fact that this wasn't the case makes this a very questionable sacking indeed.

Now we're scrambling around looking for candidates after the number 1 turned down the job. Deja-vu or what.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Thats bollocks.
If Slade had chosen to walk last week, or simply HAD to be sacked last Sunday because we were maroooned and adrift in the relegation zone, then fair enough, bring on the shortlists and the whole bloody interview process that goes with it.

But we're just 15 games into the season, and we're hardly embedded in the relegation zone. We're only a couple of wnis from mid-table ! The start to the season has been a concern, it was disappointing, but it certainly wasn't time for PANIC STATIONS and sackings. The ONLY justification for such an early sacking was if we had someone BETTER lined up and ready to take the job (Coppell). The fact that this wasn't the case makes this a very questionable sacking indeed.

Now we're scrambling around looking for candidates after the number 1 turned down the job. Deja-vu or what.

This will cheer you up

[yt]GNdefw7u-Eo[/yt]

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If Coppell was waiting in the wings to take the job, then I can accept that sacking. Still not very happy about it, but I can accept the poor start done for him IF there was someone of the calibre of Coppell waiting to take charge.

That's pretty much how I feel about it.

The available managers list makes pretty grim reading, so chances are we're going to end up with someone either of similar standing, or crapper than Slade. If that happens then this will all be a waste of time. If Slade was allowed to bring in his own staff in the first place then I'd bet we wouldn't be in this mess now.

I'll also bet that people will be calling for the new man to go before the season is out :wanker:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

This wasn't an urgent situation that needed a change now, absolutely now, regardless of the consequences, no matter what caretaker manager that leaves us with in the meantime.

At first it looked (to me) like a sacking because we had something better lined up. That's clearly NOT the case, so it's looking like a knee-jerk reaction to some pretty awful defending on Saturday. Not sure I'm comfortable with such a trigger-happy approach. Seems like we could have seen him sacked at half time on Saturday.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Thank christ for a bit of common sense on here at last :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here