Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade calls Hart "A diamond"

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
A real threat who has not registered a shot on target in the last two appearances?

Granted, he played well yesterday but I think we show more threat with Davies playing. .

Harty's Last 3 games:

vs Hereford, Harty sets up Owusu for his goal. Had a good game

vs Swindon, hassled, tackled, caused the defence problems and skinned the left back before setting up Borrowdale.

vs Colchester, again made life very difficult for the Colchester defence and had a very good game, just missed a great chance and won the free kick which led to our goal.

So out of the 4 goals we've scored in the last 3 games... he's been involved in 3 of them.. I'd say at the moment he looks more of a threat than Davies wouldn't you?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Harty's Last 3 games:

vs Hereford, Harty sets up Owusu for his goal. Had a good game

vs Swindon, hassled, tackled, caused the defence problems and skinned the left back before setting up Borrowdale.

vs Colchester, again made life very difficult for the Colchester defence and had a very good game, just missed a great chance and won the free kick which led to our goal.

So out of the 4 goals we've scored in the last 3 games... he's been involved in 3 of them.. I'd say at the moment he looks more of a threat than Davies wouldn't you?

Spot on with the Hart Cam activity, I would not want to compare them as Harty is more than just an out and out striker, also having covered on teh wing and right back in his time.

Davies will come good just needs that goal, I thought him and Hart had goals bagged yesterday, but the pesky Colchester defense got in the way. Still lets hope the fire to get the goals rolls over to the Oldham game on Saturday.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Davies is the FUTURE and shows just as much passion and running as Hart.

He also has pace and skill though...

As I said, Hart played well yesterday. Lets just not get too overexcited about it...

Zeke Rowe's shoes

Oct 21, 2008
Bath
gary hart is a hard working grass-roots player. he came from stansted for a bag of balls.... you gotta love him and he is the right kind of player for a league one relegation dog fight. he is the wrong type of player to try and get albion established in the championship. Because of DK's lack of integrity we are in a relegation dog-fight so he is the prefect player for it.... Amazing comeback into the fist team when he looked dead and buried....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Davies is the FUTURE and shows just as much passion and running as Hart.

He also has pace and skill though...

As I said, Hart played well yesterday. Lets just not get too overexcited about it...

Disagree with your whole Davies summary there

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
gary hart is a hard working grass-roots player. he came from stansted for a bag of balls.... you gotta love him and he is the right kind of player for a league one relegation dog fight. he is the wrong type of player to try and get albion established in the championship. Because of DK's lack of integrity we are in a relegation dog-fight so he is the prefect player for it.... Amazing comeback into the fist team when he looked dead and buried....

You forgot to mention he can drive a forklift, could come in handy when the new club shop opens. He really is a diamond.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
I never really understood why SO MANY on here wrote him off. He’s only in his early 30’s, if he keeps himself in relatively good shape who’s to say he couldn’t go on till his mid 30’s? Yea he is prob past his peak, but his commitment on the pitch is a lesson to many of the underachieving lazy “players” that have turned out for us this season.

I think he’s proving to the doubters there’s life left in the not that old dog yet..

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
F**k me, it must be a bundle of laughs in the Debs / Deano household... :ohmy:

Maybe they just know a bit more than us what really goes on at the club.

Things that have been said and done this season by Dick Knight I wouldn't believe a word the man says anymore.

You don't lose two loyal people to the club like Chapman and Wilkins for no reason ?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Things that have been said and done this season by Dick Knight I wouldn't believe a word the man says anymore.

You don't lose two loyal people to the club like Chapman and Wilkins for no reason ?

Of course they do. They 100% don't make any of it up do they.

They KNOW lots of nasty SECRETS about how the EVIL old man Dick Knight is trying to RUIN the club. Falmer is just a SMOKE SCREEN to let Knight pick the team and POCKET all the cash. Dean Wilkins was SACKED bacause he KNEW what was going on.

bhadeb is the biggest bullshitter on here, and that makes the likes of you and deano c**ts by association :salute:

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
I'd love to see Harty get another year, he is a model pro who in the time he was being ignored by te manager, kept his head down and tried to get back in the team without running to the press. Definately the sort of payer we need to have at the club even as back up. As said by so many, he loves the club and will always give 110%. A very useful back up who won't sulk if not playing

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
OGH :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
6 weeks ago it looked like he would be one of those in the summer clearout but not so sure now.

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Keep him involved because he is playing reasonably well by all means, but DON'T dish out another contract on the back of two or three average games.

Objectively, I'd have to agree with that, but credit Slade for recognising the spirit and passion OGH brings to a struggling side. I never really rated Charlie Oatway as a footballer, but I have to admit he brought something extra to the team, and I see Hart as performing a similar role now.

The fact that Slade has pretty quickly sussed out the underperformers like Carole and Jarrett (obvious to us maybe, but not to the previous management team) and has clearly managed to boost Cox's confidence is another good reason in my book for him to get the job on a permanent basis, regrdless of whther we stay up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Yeah, rrright... you keep on thinking that. :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here