Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sky Sports +

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I was at the Amex and similarly experienced a large amount of buffering. But this could be to do with the number of G&T's I had, before heading up to the ground

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Any chance the issue is a Sky Q Mini box as that is what I was using? It can stream Netflix, Amazon, Youtube etc so isn't the box or connection directly. But I gave up after 70 minutes and watched SSN. Must have frozen 60 times and kicked me out 3 times.

I watched mine on the Sky-Q "main" box where the buffering was just terrible. Like the poster who said about Webster, it literally took 45 seconds for his header to go in in super slow mo.

Like you I can stream content from the US via VPN with no buffering so it definitely isn't my internet. Looking at the forums and on here it's a sky problem of some sorts.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bad fan last night. Watched from the comfort of my own home. On the plus side the catering was excellent. The pale ale was reasonably priced which I could drink from the bottle and my chilli was better than anything I've ever had at the Amex.

I digress. Did anyone watch the game on the abomination that is Sky sports +? Buffering and resetting like a dodgy stream on a moody fire stick. Looking at the Sky Forums and twitter it's a common occurrence for Tennis and the multiple football games and it's borderline unwatchable.

Something for you all to look forward to for the next round.
It seems as though you haven't indulged in a Piglets Chilli pie but, then again, that's probably not surprising because it's been ages since we've been able to.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Watched the first half in the pub using IPTV on 5G without an issue. Got home where I have full fibre to the door and watched it on the red button on my Q box and it was fine until the last 10 minutes where we had 2 or 3 stutters.

Still f***ing annoying getting push notifications to tell you about a goal before it's happened which I appreciate is my fault for having them on but still the reason I wouldn't ever consider moving to Sky Glass or any of the other internet based services.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Watched the first half in the pub using IPTV on 5G without an issue. Got home where I have full fibre to the door and watched it on the red button on my Q box and it was fine until the last 10 minutes where we had 2 or 3 stutters.

Still f***ing annoying getting push notifications to tell you about a goal before it's happened which I appreciate is my fault for having them on but still the reason I wouldn't ever consider moving to Sky Glass or any of the other internet based services.
Can you not just put you phone in another room while watching a live game on TV

Apparently Sky+ don't work on boxes older than SkyQ so no use to me

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I looked on Flash Scores to have a quick look at the other scores when we were 2-0 up.

Flash score said we were 4-0 up.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I was round my mum and dads the other day. Their Broadband is toilet and totally unsuitable for Sky Stream. They also have an old Sky box that Noah used to watch "Arks under the Hammer" on but the only upgrade option on the Sky Website is Sky Stream. Seems like Sky want to decommission satellite by 2030 and don't want to flog any new ones.

I'm trying to find better broadband but local conditions mean it's always going to be difficult and in reality they are stuck with what they've got. I also need C3PO to interpret what I am saying to them.

Give me an unsightly Satellite dish any day.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Of course I could. I could also put it on airplane mode or even switch it off. I do that sometimes if I forget to change my watch when I go to games.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I found it eventually on Sky+. At the start I didn't realise there were so many channels and wasn't scrolling down far enough. Think it came up on channel 37. Viewing was perfect, as we have very fast fibre.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Suspect it was the source trying to stream across multiple platforms, There was one point where mine froze while watching it on VM cable, But then the whole thing went x10 speed to catch up. TV boxes and internet speeds don't do this.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Despite the good advice on here I couldn't find the damned thing, gave up and watched Sky Sports News. Grrrrr

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Bad fan last night. Watched from the comfort of my own home. On the plus side the catering was excellent. The pale ale was reasonably priced which I could drink from the bottle and my chilli was better than anything I've ever had at the Amex.

I digress. Did anyone watch the game on the abomination that is Sky sports +? Buffering and resetting like a dodgy stream on a moody fire stick. Looking at the Sky Forums and twitter it's a common occurrence for Tennis and the multiple football games and it's borderline unwatchable.

Something for you all to look forward to for the next round.
Ok so i'm a Virgin customer with Sky Sports and i had lot's of buffering so off i went to the cable drawer and put a ethnet cable on it we still crap. I found when i had Sky from Sky all was good so i'm still of the opinion that things are being throttled via Sky. I decided to watch through a most beautiful stream from a supplier on the internet great hd picture no problem. So bollocks to Sky and any guilt trip i was having i'm happy to receive the service i'm paying for just from a different supplier. Ihave informed Virgin on more that one ocassion. They say it's SKY who knows my internet runs at 600mbs so its not my side of things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here