Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
Just been reading a thread about no relegation from the premier league. Apparently a number of current premier league clubs are in favour of this.

The amount of TV money available to premier league clubs is huge and the main contributor to this is Sky. If the premier league ever voted to end relagation how many of you on here would dump Sky Sports?

In fact dumping subscriptions to Sky Sports may have a beneficial effect in the long term for the vast majority of football clubs and football fans ???

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
That's the thread Tricky......like others I think what is proposed is unlikely to happen

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
My question though was about sky sports subscriptions and TV money, there is just too much in the game......who would give theirs up and would it benefit football in the wider sense i.e. less money available to the premier league particularly

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hardly suprising that other clubs would vote for it if given the option, not really rocket science is it?

I would definately scrap Sky subscription though, would see no point watching Premier League football any more. Hopefully the FL would thrive and become more interesting anyway. I wonder if UEFA would then allow teams from the EPL into European games, after all, there would be no statistical proof that the teams in the (locked) premier league were the best in England/Wales would there?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Hadn't really thought about it, but yes, pretty sure I'd want to cancel Sky Sports. Don't watch the other sports enough to make it worth keeping.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I wouldn't cancel Sky, it's chewing off your nose to spite your face. Firstly I would expect a court battle for restraint of trade going all the way to the European Courts. Secondly it would have to be sanctioned by at least the FA and UEFA and possibly FIFA and I couldn't see it getting past any of two of those stages. Restraint on trade would be the Football League clubs not being able to enter the premier European competition. It seems someone comes out of the woodwork (QPR blokey this time) and the hype becomes unbearable. I doubt I'll see this happen in my lifetime (40 something now).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If it happened, I would cancel my Sky Sports subscription. It's bad enough crap like Wigan being there at the moment, but they earnt their place and they've earnt the right to stay in that league. If relegation is scrapped and crap like them is guaranteed their place every season, it would be a complete disgrace to football and I wouldn't want to support it.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Dont quite understand anyone having Sky sports anymore, I got rid about 18 months ago, and I do not miss it!

Cricket on the radio is much better, I go and watch football live, and if there is a game I want to watch I stream it on one of the many live sports streaming sites or go up the pub (which I avoid if poss because of all the "sky" type footie fans.

Not only that, I feel cleaner not giving that lothsome man and his company any of my money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here