Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports on your mobile.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Possibly raised before but does anyone watch Sky Sports channels on their mobile with Vodafone?

I used to use it quite a lot but the quality was terrible, so much so that when watching Sky Sports news you couldn't even make out any of the scrolling words! Pretty poor considering the £5 per month price tag!

Now they seemed to have vastly improved the resolution so you can actually see the bloody thing, add to this the fact that with a compatable handset you can watch trhe service through your tv! So thats Sky sports 1, 2, 3, Extra, Sports news plus a few other turkeys for £5 per month with the first month free.

I've posted a picture of it being used through my Nokia N95 and in turn through a 34 inch widescreen tv, I think the quality is pretty good?

Just thought i'd share.

Attachments

• sky through my phone.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Someone at work had that and I was shocked how good it was. Might move from O2 to someone who does it when my contract is up. Will make working weekends much better if I can watch the football!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Can i ask what handsets you can use which makes this compatible croydon seagull? :)
to stream through your phone you just need a 3g phone nothing too flash. In order to play from your phone to your tv you need a handset that has a video out cable. As far as i know most of the nokia n series phones are video out compatible and probably other new handsets would too.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Also if anyones lucky enough to own a nokia N96 or N97 (When it comes out) These hansets are fully flash compatible which means you can stream BBC Iplayer, ect and i would have thought Sky iplayer through your phone. So if you log in through your phone, you could stream any tv channel through your phone in perfect quality.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I tried the mobile sports package for a day a while back, think it cost me £1. My phone is a Sony Ericsson, with only a small screen and therefore it was pretty useless. But the picture was clear and the footage streamed perfectly.
Your picture looks like really good quality! If I knew how to attatch my phone to a bigger screen, I may be tempted into paying a fiver a month for all the sports I can manage :)

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
But how much per month would it cost to download such massive amounts of data?

you would need to get unlimited web/data as part of your package, I think most phone carriers now offer such things ..

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
you would need to get unlimited web/data as part of your package, I think most phone carriers now offer such things ..

£5 per month gives you unlimited data use but vodafone do 500mb for £2.50 which would be plenty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here