Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Sports 1 Logo?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think it is something to do with Sky pinpointing commercial premises showing football matches using a regular card and not signed up on a business contract. Sky Italia were the first to try this out and it looks like it has now been adopted here. Sky and the Premier League send out enforcement officials to check that pubs and clubs showing Sky have the beer glass logo on the screen , if it doesn't the 9 digit number can be noted down so that the card can be deactivated , if no 9 digit number or beer glass logo is shown they will then know another satellite broadcaster is being used (Nova , DigitAlb , Canalsat , Diema , Tring etc etc) which again is only legal if you have purchased one of these cards for personal use.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But the number i not my viewing card number, seems like a good explantion though

As it isn't the same number as your viewing card , Sky only need to send out a signal in the transmission to generate a random number which will be unique to your box and viewing card. I have a Sky+ HD box and as yet there are no reports of the 9 digit numbers coming up , they're only on digiboxes and Sky+ boxes at the moment.

Sep 1, 2010
As it isn't the same number as your viewing card , Sky only need to send out a signal in the transmission to generate a random number which will be unique to your box and viewing card. I have a Sky+ HD box and as yet there are no reports of the 9 digit numbers coming up , they're only on digiboxes and Sky+ boxes at the moment.

Righto, good work sir ! Only myself and Mr Cook watching

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here