Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sky Sport - Fight Night.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
I am no boxing expert but it seems to me AJ was a much better 'fighter' when he went looking to knock people out. Yes that does leave you exposed to getting hit yourself (Ruiz and others) but he is not a good enough 'boxer' to outbox top class fighters. If he had gone after Usyk and lost fair enough but I don't think he really went after him and he nearly got knocked out at the end anyway.

Agree with this. In the Ruiz rematch he just danced around the ring and got a points decision. Tonight he should of done what Fury did to Wilder 2. Fury bulked up and ragged dolled Wilder.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Nah. He's always fought people on the way out. Shouldn't of gone with Matchroo. They've picked easy fights his entire career

That just isn't true though is it? World title fight in his 16th contest, yes Martin was a joke, but that is not Joshua's fault. Fought and beat Klitshcko, fought and beat his mandatory Povetkin who had only lost once, an unbeaten Parker dispatched. Beat Dillian Whyte who has only lost to Povertkin and Joshua. And he agreed to fight Usyk, who is arguably the best pound for pound boxer in the world. As I said before, this kind of take is as stupid as the Crodonilson style fan boys.

The only argument I can see against Joshua is he didn't spend long enough learning his trade, and his pro boxing skills. That is part of the reason Usyk can destroy him like that. How can a unified World Heavyweight Champion only have 1 and a half pro rounds against southpaws? it is madness really.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
That just isn't true though is it? World title fight in his 16th contest, yes Martin was a joke, but that is not Joshua's fault. Fought and beat Klitshcko, fought and beat his mandatory Povetkin who had only lost once, an unbeaten Parker dispatched. Beat Dillian Whyte who has only lost to Povertkin and Joshua. And he agreed to fight Usyk, who is arguably the best pound for pound boxer in the world. As I said before, this kind of take is as stupid as the Crodonilson style fan boys.

The only argument I can see against Joshua is he didn't spend long enough learning his trade, and his pro boxing skills. That is part of the reason Usyk can destroy him like that. How can a unified World Heavyweight Champion only have 1 and a half pro rounds against southpaws? it is madness really.

AJ seriously over rated. Eddie will be cursing Fury after losing the Saudi cash. Saudi won’t pay for AJ Fury now. Who knows where AJ goes from here. Reminds me of Amir Khans career.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Great result. This is why boxing gets on my tits compared to UFC. The fights to make are Joshua vs Wilder. Two big punchers with sod all boxing skills... proper slug fest. Then Fury vs Usyk, two supremely good boxers rather than bodybuilders... won't happen though

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

Heavyweight champion just got beaten (and very nearly knocked out) by a Cruiserweight. Keep in mind I wanted AJ to win, but it’s hard to argue his career at the top level isn’t over.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Great result. This is why boxing gets on my tits compared to UFC. The fights to make are Joshua vs Wilder. Two big punchers with sod all boxing skills... proper slug fest. Then Fury vs Usyk, two supremely good boxers rather than bodybuilders... won't happen though

Joshua is not a big puncher in the slightest for his size, far from it IMO. The best fights we normally between fighters with opposing styles anyway.

Joshuas biggest problem is he SHOULD be a bigger hitter than he is, and because he isn’t he tries to outbox and outthink someone like Usyk, when before the fight my dog could have told AJ he would never out think Usyk.

The biggest question is how much Joshua wants it when he actually faces someone near his level , I’m not convinced he has that burning desire and hunger anymore.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021

Wilder will KO AJ within 3 rounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here