Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Shite News...

I have a 42in LG tv, the red writing is awful. too bright and blurred, the yellow band ticker tape that has red writing is terrible too. what f***ing idiot thought that was a good colour scheme.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'd imagine it something not quite right in the transmission suite (at SKY they do their own....)

They will be down converting the HD signal so it can still be received by people without an HD box or telly.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I've got a HD, and I don't like it for the siimple reason that it was pretty hard to read the scores on the right hand of the screen. They seem to have drastically reduced the amount of letters they use.
Instead of glancing at seeing the score it takes ages to figure which teams they talking about W Ham - Oxf i can figure out but in the champions league there was something like FC S - BAS and HAP - RBS,

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
is a bit crap, i`ve got hd in my bedroom which is great but my housemate only has small tv downstairs so as you have said you can`t see half of the screen.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Got sky hd downstairs on 37" lg and sd upstairs on 19" cheapo telly, all is ok for me

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
half missing and the writing on the right is tiny

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
we have 2 tv's is fine on one not on the other

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I have Virgin Media, and don't have a control for my TV. FFS.
Guess I'll have to fiddle with the buttons on the side to try and get into a display menu.
Although, SSN is the only channel that is f***ed. If I change my ratio to fix it, won't all the other channels f*** up?

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Virgin Media users - on the guide screen go to 8 - Settings, then 4 - Display and you can tinker with stuff there. The only way I can get it to fit on the screen is by changing it to letterbox format, even though both the tv and box are set to 4:3. Mind you, the TV I'm using at the moment for it really is an awful old piece of junk.

Nice one Sky Sports, introduce a seperate HD channel but make the SD channel unusable for ordinary SD TVs. :rant:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Probably not possible, but I have always thought it would be good for SSN to have a red button function that allows you to scroll throught the bars on the right and new stories on the left so you can see what you want.

Probably silly idea though, and SSN HD works fine here

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
I don't have a widescreen TV so the column on the right is chopped off. But the info in that column has always been rubbish so I'm pleased that the main frame is bigger than before.

Mine only cuts off a little on the left when the vidi printer live score bit at the bottom is on, instead of displaying GOAL i get AL, can i change to setting on my sky box to something that fits it all in and even so, btw, the colour scheme o some of the lettering is SHIT UTTER SHIT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here