Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SKY release 'Live' games list for Football League

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
good , we are still shit on the telly :( (plus it pisses about with fixtures too much)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
As part of the Television deal though, I think they HAVE to show a game from each stadium, im not 100% sure on this though

dont think that is true

sky will want to keep their viewing figures up by picking a team that will entertain - is it really a suprise we are not on that list?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I reckon that if we get off to a good start to the season, we'll be in the next batch, against a team in a similar league position

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would say that is a more than fair assessment, at the moment we would still be classed as an unknown quantity, it is obvious which games have more potential to draw a TV audience.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Some of our grimest performances have been live - Bournemouth years ago, Stoke 1st time round in the Championship, Blackpool, Chester (?) just after Minton got injured,Rushden and Diamonds in the Cup (?) and others that I have managed to erase from my memory. Delighted we are not on again

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How comes Yeovil are on twice :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
How comes Yeovil are on twice :angry:

Maybe because they got into the playoffs and produced a very entertaining game against Forest winning 5-2.

We had a spate of doing very well on tv between Wolves 2002 and the Palace game in 2005. I don't think we lost one (including playoffs against Swindon and the final)
Then it all went pear shaped again.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
The Blackpool game was on over the international weekend, id imagine the same would probabily happen again when theres not many games on over an international weekend

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Maybe because they got into the playoffs and produced a very entertaining game against Forest winning 5-2.

We had a spate of doing very well on tv between Wolves 2002 and the Palace game in 2005. I don't think we lost one (including playoffs against Swindon and the final)

Sorry to be pedantic, but we lost the Swindon game.....:)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

didn't we get done over by reading on the tv towards the end of 2004-2005?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here