Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky News - an embarrassment

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
... how anyone can watch more than five minutes of that shite without wanting to throw the TV out the window is beyond me...and that was before 'Jacko' died...

Some of the weather girls are rather nice !

Yep, always nice to have warm front in the morning!
lucyverasamy2.jpg

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
What nationality is she and does she speak English? Unless she's from UK/US Sky aren't interested.

Most of the vistims are from The Comores, a group of islands near Madagascar. A lot probably have dual French/Comores nationality. They were on a flight from Paris and changed planes in Yemen.

Apparentzly, the Yemeni airline whose plane crashed should be on a black list of dangerous airlines but a black list only exists in the EU.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Get over it. Michael Jackson's death is big news and will continue to be so for some time yet. Everyone knows Human life is not valued equally. Jackson is a far more important death than 99.9999999% of humanity as far as the media are concerned. An African childs early death for example is completely un newsworthy as will be our demise. Just another statistic.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Get over it. Michael Jackson's death is big news and will continue to be so for some time yet. Everyone knows Human life is not valued equally. Jackson is a far more important death than 99.9999999% of humanity as far as the media are concerned. An African childs early death for example is completely un newsworthy as will be our demise. Just another statistic.

Who exactly is it big news to though ? I've not spoken to anyone who cares. Ok, some actual fans will, but generally who else ? I'm not saying it shouldn't be a news item, but there are more important things going on.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Why does Austrian Gull think it's just Sky News. The whole of the media are having a mass orgasm What a bunch of sycophants. {Is that the right word}

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

Of course it's big news. Of course it will get priority over a plane crash or a train explosion killing "ordinary" poeple.

My point is it's almost a week later. Nothing of any interest is happening yet we still get live on-the-spot reports. Do Sky not feel it's time to give people an idea about what's happening in the world? The world still goes on without Michael Jackson.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Why does Austrian Gull think it's just Sky News. The whole of the media are having a mass orgasm What a bunch of sycophants. {Is that the right word}

But that's not true. By Sunday here, other stories were making the headlines and MJ was no longer the main story.

Sky get my wrath because they're my main source of TV news from the UK - and they're becoming a TV equivalent of OK/Heat magazine. I'm not sure they used to be as bad a few years ago.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

To be honest, it's not the story it would have been a few years ago.

The story has now turned to his family, the debt etc... When you seen footage of him moonwalking once, quite frankly you've seen it a million times.

He was pretty much finished as an artist. In retrospect he didn't leave a huge body of work either. There is only so many times the news can tell you what a good album thriller was.

There is also very little footage of him singing live. When did he last give a "live" performance on stage ? Actually singing live.

Even the classic moonwalking Billy Jean performance from the 80s was mimed.

Highly over rated musician, his attraction more to do with the image of Jackson as portrayed by him and "his people" rather than his musical ability.

Yes he could dance, but so can Wayne Sleep.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
But that's not true. By Sunday here, other stories were making the headlines and MJ was no longer the main story.

Sky get my wrath because they're my main source of TV news from the UK - and they're becoming a TV equivalent of OK/Heat magazine. I'm not sure they used to be as bad a few years ago.

Am with you all the way on this one!! I also watch Sky News a lot but I now dont really bother when something like this happens. Last night I watched about 10 minutes just to see if they were reporting anything else. No was the answer!! I find Sky News to be incredibly Tabloid now, in that they have to be the first to break everything that happens and then analyse it to death. Dont quite know why this is. What is it with the "All the news in 15 minutes, every 15 minutes" during the evenings - all the news is not 4 stories and some sport and weather.

Totally agree re the Kay Burley thing - she could actually be anywhere -maybe they think that something even bigger is going to break re MJ and they have to be on the spot when it happens. I would not like to count the number of times that Sky presenters say "lets go over to x for the latest" and there is no latest - they just repeat what they told us 2 minutes ago. I am yet to understand why Adam Boulton had to spend the first 100 days of Obama's Presidency in the US either.

All I can think is that they are trying to justify their fees or think that chasing awards is their main objective, rather than keeping their viewers fully informed of all news.

The most annoying thing about them is that they say "you can continue watching other news by pressing the Red Button" - not when you're out of the UK you can't!!

But the most annoying thing of all, is that they never show the League 1 footie scores!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Sky News is basically The Sun for people that can't read

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here