Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky moving the HD Channels

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Just turned to 401 and its now the HD Channel. Quality as i always forget! Hope they BBC1 and others soon.:banana:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Been like this since the start of the week. I kept getting fed up of scrolling down to channel numer 93723 to find the HD equivilant of any channel!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
401 is still the normal Sky Sports for me.
I have an HD box, but not an HD package.
So assume it's only for those with an HD package.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just turned to 401 and its now the HD Channel. Quality as i always forget! Hope they BBC1 and others soon.:banana:

BBC, ITV and Channels 4 and 5 opted out of the HD switch in the new epg. (Though E4HD is now in the old E4 spot). Since it was only for people who have HD it seems weird that they would opt out, but they did.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
401 is still the normal Sky Sports for me.
I have an HD box, but not an HD package.
So assume it's only for those with an HD package.

Yep only for those who shell out another £10 a month, i think my monthly sky bill is £90 now :US:

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
BBC, ITV and Channels 4 and 5 opted out of the HD switch in the new epg. (Though E4HD is now in the old E4 spot). Since it was only for people who have HD it seems weird that they would opt out, but they did.

BBC1 and ITV 1 opted out as their HD channels aren't the regional versions (as on SD) so it would confuse those looking for South Today etc; also ITV1 and Channel 4 SD have regional advertising whereas their HD versions don't (AFAIK)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
BBC1 and ITV 1 opted out as their HD channels aren't the regional versions (as on SD) so it would confuse those looking for South Today etc; also ITV1 and Channel 4 SD have regional advertising whereas their HD versions don't (AFAIK)

That would make sense, I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here