Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Installation

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Getting really F***ED off with this moving malarkey. :angry:

I've been messed about by Briant Communicatons who have a partnership with Sky. They told me there was a communal dish on my block of flats, so it'll be fine to get Sky installed. Have had an engineer booked for over a week, he comes out this morning, what a suprise, no dish.

I needed to ask my landlord permission to put a dish up, which I couldn't do right there and then, but could have done in the week between making the appointment and the appointment, and now I have to wait until the 30th for another Briant engineer.

Does anyone here know of any good independent Sky installers?

I've called a couple, and they are both tied up before Christmas.

If anyone knows of someone, and can pull a few strings, I'd MUCH appreciate it.

Merry blimmin' Christmas.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sam, I think Slick does ariels etc.
Might even get a poker buddy discount:wink:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the block of flats is a new build all the wiring should be in place for a communal dish set up. I think you have been fobbed off by the company booked for the installation because the landlord wont give permission for your own personal dish , it will have to be a communal dish which is not a standard install and means all the leaseholders/tenants have to share the costs unless it is specifically mentioned as a charge which is included in the maintenance charges you pay to the freeholder/landlord.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
If the block of flats is a new build all the wiring should be in place for a communal dish set up. I think you have been fobbed off by the company booked for the installation because the landlord wont give permission for your own personal dish , it will have to be a communal dish which is not a standard install and means all the leaseholders/tenants have to share the costs unless it is specifically mentioned as a charge which is included in the maintenance charges you pay to the freeholder/landlord.

You need to get the Landlords permission, if not you can be charged for any illegal installation.

My tennants installed a sky dish without even asking me, It was put on the front of the house, when it could have been hidden away at the side, (where there was a dish already), they were charged £300 for damages to brickwork.

Check your lease agreement its there to protect tennants and landlords

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
What a f***ing palaver.

It is a new build, and apparently not in a Freeview area, so I can't use BT.
And not in a fibre optic area, so I can't use Virgin Media.

Been trying to get in touch with the Landlord since this morning.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
What a f***ing palaver.

It is a new build, and apparently not in a Freeview area, so I can't use BT.
And not in a fibre optic area, so I can't use Virgin Media.

Been trying to get in touch with the Landlord since this morning.

Are you sure you're not freeview?

What part of Worthing did you move to?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Dont think he did Peanut, believe he stayed in Portslade area

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Yeah, stayed in Portslade.

I went to the BT website, entered my postcode and they said "72 Channels Unavailable, including BBC 1, BBC 2, etc.", I went on live chat and she said "That means Freeview is unavailable in your area", I explained it was a brand new, modern, block of flats in a residential area of Brighton, and she had the cheek to reply "You could still use our on demand services and catch up on hours of TV, would you like to create an account?".

:US:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here