Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky+ HD

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Ohh I didn't know that. I thought it was included in the HD mix.

I imagine then it's the other HD channels (Discovery, Nat Geo) etc. that you'll have to subscribe to the Knowledge pack.

SKYR005_Price_Change_Template.jpg

Some of the HD channels are included in the basic HD package. We get Nat Geo HD and Discovery HD but none of the SD documentary channels as we dont have that package. The same with MTV HD/ Sky news HD but we dont get the SD music/news channels.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Golf is absolutely beautiful in HD.
I like toggling between SD and HD to see the difference - anyone who doubts whether HD is worth it, just show them the difference with the golf coverage, its fabulous. Roll on the Ryder Cup.

:thumbsup:

Amen to that

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
This might be the right place to ask a question.... I have a Panasonic Viera telly, with 1 hdmi slot in the back..... BUT I have a ps3 and soon to have SKY HD.... I want to use both of these via HD, so is there a splitter or something that I can buy to make this happen?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Golf is absolutely beautiful in HD.
I like toggling between SD and HD to see the difference - anyone who doubts whether HD is worth it, just show them the difference with the golf coverage, its fabulous. Roll on the Ryder Cup.

:thumbsup:

You're certainly a convert I'm sure I can remember a couple of years ago you couldn't see the benefit of HD

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This might be the right place to ask a question.... I have a Panasonic Viera telly, with 1 hdmi slot in the back..... BUT I have a ps3 and soon to have SKY HD.... I want to use both of these via HD, so is there a splitter or something that I can buy to make this happen?

Yes.

Neet Photo

Do a search for "HDMI" on amazon (using the link at the top of this page), lots of the options are simply cables, but evey once in a while on the list is an option for various switchers like that, the one above was just the first I saw.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're certainly a convert I'm sure I can remember a couple of years ago you couldn't see the benefit of HD

You're quite correct, for a while I needed persuading that it was worth it. I can remember watching football at a mates house, and once I'd got over the initial impact of the crisp picture, after a while I kind of forgot I was watching in HD and took it for granted.

And there IS still an element of that, to be fair. But then I got a blu-ray player, which showed me on my own TV just how fabulous the picture was, so I decided for an extra tenner a month (with a free box on offer and free installation) I thought might just as well upgrade, and I certainly don't regret it, especially when I flick and see the difference.

The SD picture on ITV is truley appalling, I don't know how I ever put up with it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Thank you.

Have phoned Sky and it turns out they had our two boxes muddle up and activated the HD packages on the main box which is still just Sky+. So have swapped the cards and they have reactivated them. Got to wait the 4 hours now though :down:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thank you.

Have phoned Sky and it turns out they had our two boxes muddle up and activated the HD packages on the main box which is still just Sky+. So have swapped the cards and they have reactivated them. Got to wait the 4 hours now though :down:

If it doesn't work the reason will be that the new white Sky cards are paired to the box they were initialised in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here