Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Sky glass

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I asked a few Sky engineers about it. Their answer was no engineer they knew would have it in their home.
I have to say that Sky engineers seen to be refreshingly honest about the shortcomings of their bosses.

I moved recently and it took 3 calls to for them to finally concede that I did not need need to recontract my broadband for another 18 months on the basis that I was simply moving.

When the engineer called to set up the satellite dish and Sky Q at my new house he was not surprised by my tale. He explained that the call centre workers were on poor money and were under severe pressure to upsell and/or recontract people as they could then get commission. He said the worst example he had was when attending an old ladies property to fix her Q system he was shocked to discover she had two sky q mini boxes in two rooms where she actually had no telly. He suspected they had spun her some nonsense that they were required to make her wifi work properly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NSC is the go to place for recommendations, so here’s an anti one I’ve had sky glass for 18 months nothing but issues and now with out a tv for 48 hours thanks to sky rolling out this new update and bricking it I’m fuming tempted to just unplug the thing and dump it outside sky hq tried everything sky have said with no avail, do not get it
Mine is great.

Maybe your internet is a bit fairisle?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Had Sky Glass for nearly 2 years now and have no complaints.
Was hesitant as our WiFi is awful and I needed 3 Sky Pucks (replacements for the mini hubs)
Sound is excellent and no issues with WiFi or the quality of picture and whole set up really.

Maybe once every 2 months it crashes to white noise. Turn it off, turn it on again and it’s fine.

The 30-40 second delay on football also improved last month as they launched ‘live sync’ which gives only 20 secs delay now. I can live with that so long as mates don’t message me with spoilers.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Same…an engineer when moving my dish said not to touch it and wait for a future version . The delay with live sport was another factor

I've seen this before re engineers not endorsing it... I'm not surprised it's like turkeys voting for Christmas. Sky Glass doesn't require any engineer set up, so they will be out of a job pretty soon if Sky switch to fully streaming.

Oct 3, 2023
I've seen this before re engineers not endorsing it... I'm not surprised it's like turkeys voting for Christmas. Sky Glass doesn't require any engineer set up, so they will be out of a job pretty soon if Sky switch to fully streaming.
It’s a good point . The live sport delay is a key issue currently for me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here