Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky Digital viewers

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Superphil said:
If you have Sky, WHY THE f*** ARE YOU WATCHING ITV? It has to be the worst TV channel in the world, just don't watch it, you life will be better, trust me.

Imagine, no more Coronation Street, X Factor, Emerdale, Meridian in general, anything with Sime Cowel in it, bliss.

If only the wind would screw up Channel 4, then no more f***ing Lost or Big Brother.

But how else can I watch Andy Steggles latest haircut? He was on last night perhaps that's why the picture froze!

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Yeah it kept stopping while watching the final on Wednesday on a friend's set (haven't noticed it on my own). Really annoying - it was like watching Question of Sport where they say 'what happened next?' and you had a second or two to work out who won a tackle (but fortunately not whether they scored) before it came back again. Thought it was my friend's set-up but maybe not.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
It's ITV channels throughout the country, it's nothing to do with Sky.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Taylor159370 said:
It's ITV channels throughout the country, it's nothing to do with Sky.

Most of the regions are fine, and its the cheap shit Sky decoders that always can't handle it.

I don't use Sky decoders and funnily enough, Meridian is actually (relatively) fine for me.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Because there is about 20 regions of ITV now on Sky, they're all using the same satelitte to broadcast via, therefore causing slight pauses occasionally, it has nothing to do with Sky.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Of course they're all using the same satellite to broadcast from - theres only 4 satellites that can be received by the Sky box!

The problems are caused by shite encoders in certain regions and/or transmission problems to the uplink station. They are exacerbated by Sky decoders being EXTREMELY poor quality - a £69 Kaon does a better job than whats officially a £169 Sky decoder.

You can get the BBC, ITV and a host of other channels that are "on Sky" with a proper satellite decoder because their involvement with Sky is a channel number and no more.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Maybe the Southwick Soldiers are going round interfering with signals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here