Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skins last night....

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
..... been enjoying the current series of Skins then i go and hear before it went on last night that it's the "last in the current series" - wankers!

Does any1 know if that means there will be a new series or is that it? they've all gone to uni and f*** everyone who liked watching it?

the way it ended seemed pretty conclusive to me that it wont be seen again?!! :eek:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
apprentley they are going to do it with new characters, imo they should follow the sister as shes going to be FIT in a few years and her friends getting little insights of this lot when there back from whatever they are doing.

apprentley they are going to do it with new characters, imo they should follow the sister as shes going to be FIT in a few years and her friends getting little insights of this lot when there back from whatever they are doing.

The new bunch will be centred around tony's sister effy, so you got ur wish.

They havent ruled out guest appearances from series 1 and 2 bunch, but is unlikely

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
i should be a bloody scrip writer! :clap2:

although it was a bit obvious with it leaving zooming in on her

Theyre are plans to do this change cast thing every 2 series', so the plan seems to be that there'll be 6 series of Skins at least, depending on the success of the new cast.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Great series and shows that the youth of any day does not alter one jot and the acting is just super and story lines are very realistic.

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
I'm afraid Screech himself was a complete twat. I fail to see how a new class could have been any worse.

Screech was a f***ing legend. I liked it when he made the pasta sauce called screechios and he had loads of money and the bitches were all over him.:laugh:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Skins has been excellent and fully deserves all the plaundits.

I don't suppose I'm in the 'target audience' but I've really enjoyed it. It's often made me laugh and wince at some of the things these kids got up to, although not too far removed from what kids have always been going through when growing up.

Apart from being very funny it's also been very touching and the relationships between the group were very well written & acted. It was often unpredictable too.

I'll miss this lot, especially Sid, the poor kid for whom everything seemed to go wrong, yet he still got the girls.

Oh, & Skins also had a fair amout of, erm, skin. It's had some of the raunchiest scenes going. Knew there was a reason why i watched!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Oh, & Skins also had a fair amout of, erm, skin. It's had some of the raunchiest scenes going. Knew there was a reason why i watched!
I wonder if that's been part of its appeal for the, ahem, "more mature" audience like me.

Last night was an excellent finale to this series, particularly enjoyed the car chase!

Obviously a worry that the new cast will not be as good but much of the joy has been in the story lines and I will certainly be there for the next series.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Are we talking about the same piss poor, badly acted shower of shite that a team of pre-pubescents could have shat out "comedy drama" here?

This programme started off badly and only got worse form what I saw of it. Even my youngest housemate who openly admits to watching Hollyoaks gave up on this series as it was so dreadful.

I found it entirely embarrassing to watch and was gobsmacked to hear it had been recommissioned. To find out they're planning even more leaves me completely dumbstruck, until I am reminded that Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps has spanned SEVEN whole series to date.

What the f*** is wrong with this country?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Are we talking about the same piss poor, badly acted shower of shite that a team of pre-pubescents could have shat out "comedy drama" here?

This programme started off badly and only got worse form what I saw of it. Even my youngest housemate who openly admits to watching Hollyoaks gave up on this series as it was so dreadful.

I found it entirely embarrassing to watch and was gobsmacked to hear it had been recommissioned. To find out they're planning even more leaves me completely dumbstruck, until I am reminded that Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps has spanned SEVEN whole series to date.

What the f*** is wrong with this country?

now come on fella...how do you REALLY fell about it? Its f***ing brilliant.

Luckily for you that remote control thingy for the TV lets you "switch2 to another more bearable shower of shite!! ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here