Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

skiing

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
i'm after some advice !
ive just come back from a weeks skiing and i've got the urge to go again, so i've found some cheap deals in la plagne in france for the second week in april.
so i was wondering if anyone has been at this time of year and can tell me what the snow conditions are usually like ? is it ropey or o.k. !!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
come on people ! someone must have been skiing in april ! i'm after general snow conditions not only for la plagne but anywhere :(

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
come on people ! someone must have been skiing in april ! i'm after general snow conditions not only for la plagne but anywhere :(

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Just got back from a weeks snowboarding in Meribel on Sunday. It has been dumping snow out there for for about a week now and the conditions are fantastic. They were pretty sh*t at the beginning of the week but like I say there has been over a metre of snow since then.

Get packing. :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
went to La Plagne in December a few years back and the snow was shit. As for April then your best bet is to go to a high resort (as is La Plagne, Tignes is highly recommended) mainly because the obvious snow on the lower levels would've melted, so at least you'll get some glacier action.
Saying that you could be amazingly lucky and get a dump running upto April and it'll be brilliant spring snow. The weather systems are getting f***ed up with this global warming shit so its not as easy to predict future snow conditions anymore :angry:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Just came back from Saalbach in Austria...Loads of snow, fantastic Apres Ski and only and hour from Salzburg Airport! Unbeatable!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
i've just got back from cervinia in italy and it was wicked loads of snow and even more sunshine, and as an added bonus we could ski down to zermatt in switzerland !
just booked up La plagne on your advise crabbers as it a high resort and more importantly cheap as chips £205 pp not expecting brilliant snow just enough to ski on and have a right good laugh :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I would've waited until nearer April before booking, that way you get to see what the snows doing and also grab an even cheaper late deal!

I've been to Zermatt in the summer and I'd love to snowboard underneath the wonder that is the Matterhorn, that must've been amazing!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
mate it was wicked the sun blazing down skiing down big wide pistes underneath the mattrhorn
truly awe inspiring !
as for waiting if it had only been a couple of us going i would have but theres 12 of us going so we needed to ensure we could get a whole chalet !!:drink:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
aahh yeah group bookings suck for short notice, good stuff then hope you enjoy it!

The Matterhorn rules, best mountain in the WORLD!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
my mates just onto me about a weekend trip in early March, may have to take up that offer as I'm desperate for snow and cant afford a full week

<licks lips in anticipation>

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
CrabtreeBHA said:
aahh yeah group bookings suck for short notice, good stuff then hope you enjoy it!

The Matterhorn rules, best mountain in the WORLD!

Outside of Whisler maybe, but I'm still not sure !!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The Matterhorn is hardly skiable though Redders, I meant Best Mountain for its beauty and dominance in the area :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
EasyJet flight booked to Malaga, staying at mates Mums house en route to Sierra Nevada, probably be bare but heres hoping to a full on dump late feb :drink: :drink:

Blimey, 4 hours ago i was'nt going 'boarding, now I'm BOOKED and ready to go......hows THAT for spontaneity :thumbsup:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Thats f***ing sweet Marc :clap:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Anyone recommend some good websites for late deals. Preferably Canada and USA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here