Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIX HUNDRED Weeks Since We left The Goldstone

Why were you not in the ground?

This was the last ever match at the Goldstone, and arguably the most important as the Conference had already declared we would not be allowed in if relegated. It was obviously all-ticket, and I travelled down from Mansfield ticketless and despite arriving at about 11.30, never got one. In fact the gates in the north-east corner were actually wide open at that time, with the odd steward/groundstaff walking in and out. I rue to this day the fact that I didn't have the bottle to stroll in and quickly secrete myself in the shrubs behind the North stand for three hours. Can anyone tell me if the overgrowth that day would have been enough for me to acheive this?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
This was the last ever match at the Goldstone, and arguably the most important as the Conference had already declared we would not be allowed in if relegated. It was obviously all-ticket, and I travelled down from Mansfield ticketless and despite arriving at about 11.30, never got one. In fact the gates in the north-east corner were actually wide open at that time, with the odd steward/groundstaff walking in and out. I rue to this day the fact that I didn't have the bottle to stroll in and quickly secrete myself in the shrubs behind the North stand for three hours. Can anyone tell me if the overgrowth that day would have been enough for me to acheive this?

Fair enough. As for the undergrowth the only place i could get a ticket for was the west stand.

Would much rather have been in the north stand with the other half of my mates as we were split all around the ground.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Moved 3 times
Nan and grandad both died - grandad's last game was 26.4.97
made redundant

the thing i find sad is the amount of people that longed to see the new ground and never will - we had a very close family friend and another famly member pass away recently and its sad that they will never see falmer

My grandad's ashes have been waiting since sept 97 for the ground as it has been agreed by the club that they can be scattered at falmer - would never have thought it would have taken so long back in 97 (like many of us)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here