Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIX HUNDRED Weeks Since We left The Goldstone

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
RUDDY Hell thats a long time!!

With work due to start in around 6/7 weeks time, it seems like an eternity ago since the last game at the Goldstone.

So whats happened in that time to the fine people of NSC??

Personally I completed school, college, and graduated from Uni, as well as moving out of home, BEGUN working full time, and being lucky enough to travel the world and see England play away and in a World Cup.

In that time, I have seen the 3 promotions and 2 relegations, as well as watching my 400th, 500th and 600th Brighton games under 7 different managers, using about 327 goal keepers.

Sadly I also saw the passing of 2 Albion fans friends, and that is what is saddest about this whole sorry saga of us trying to find a place called home.

Cue X Factor type sob story......

[yt]KxPW19rO1OI[/yt]

D

Deleted User X18H

I have lived a three different addresses had five different jobs since 26th April 1997 but I have never been so concerned about the way forward as I am now 'the screaming argus headline ' FALMER CONSTRUCTION DELAYED' 'Club blame economic downturn and Lewes DC' is inevitable and is probably already typeset

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Clearly visible at the end of that movie: I've always loved the way Maskell takes down the Donnie keeper so Storer can score The Last Ever Goldstone Goal - 9 times out of 10 it'd've been disallowed.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I've never been to able to go watch Brighton off my own back at a real home.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Just shed a tear or two.

I've had one more baby, left husband & children, left job I'd been in for 20 years, moved house twice, travelled thousands of miles to watch the Albion and met 'the one'

I feel quite priviledged to have watched the Albion all through the glory years, and I will be in floods of tears when they run out at Falmer for the first time

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I now have grey hair on me bonce, I need glasses, I really hope I make Falmer before I start going bald, I'm heading straight for what will be the equivaient of the Goldstones West Stand old boys...

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
My daughter, who was born two months after the last game, is nearly as tall as me now.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh, blimey. Since 1997

Divorced
Father died
Moved house
Turned 40
Made redundant
Got a new job in Londinium
Moved in with new partner and her daughter

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
1997 was a mad year
Myra Hindley was officially sentenced for life behind bars after losing her appeal
MOther Theresa and Jeff Buckley both died
Soccer was Pre Premiership as Man United won the league again. Pete Sampras won Wimbledon and some youngster called Tiger Woods started playing really well.
Titanic was the biggest film of the year and it was the 20th anniversary of the Star Wars trilogy.
MMbop was a number one hit in England as some whiny band called Coldplay hit the charts, along with pop sensations STEPS. And of course there was THAT song called Candle in the Wind, by Elton's John

Jul 20, 2003
1997 was a mad year

MMbop was a number one hit in England ...

And comet Hale Bopp was visible in the night sky

coincidence?

were Hanson ultimately responsible for the Heavens Gate cult mass suicide?

RUDDY Hell thats a long time!!

With work due to start in around 6/7 weeks time, it seems like an eternity ago since the last game at the Goldstone.

So whats happened in that time to the fine people of NSC??

Personally I completed school, college, and graduated from Uni, as well as moving out of home, BEGUN working full time, and being lucky enough to travel the world and see England play away and in a World Cup.

In that time, I have seen the 3 promotions and 2 relegations, as well as watching my 400th, 500th and 600th Brighton games under 7 different managers, using about 327 goal keepers.

Sadly I also saw the passing of 2 Albion fans friends, and that is what is saddest about this whole sorry saga of us trying to find a place called home.

Cue X Factor type sob story......

[yt]KxPW19rO1OI[/yt]

First time I've seen that compilation. Made me well up at the end. Silly old bugger!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I've just noitced for the first time that the goal should never have counted, as theres a blanet foul on their keeper..... SWEET

Looked great at the time from where i was in the west stand :lolol: If memory serves the linesman flagged and the ref dismissed his opinion.

Ref obviously knew what it meant at the time!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here