Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six dead in Sussex road accidents

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is an acknowledged fact that the worse age group is the 50+ because "I have always done it and can drive better when having had a drink than most youngster when sober''

If you haven't had a drink drive behind somebody who has and then you realize how easy it is for the police to spot it. When I lived in Epsom I regularly drove up Putney High Street late on Saturday night coming home from away games, prior to the M25,and those that had been drinking shone out like abeacon. They might just as well have put a sign on their car to make sure the police stopped them.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Yeah Bakesy sorry I worded it a bit wrong, I can't drive at the mo. But even so, I would not get a car home when I had a single drink, most likely get the train, bus, or a lift back to where ever I lived.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gully said:
I
Perhaps the Sussex police should try sting operations like they do in parts of Scotland, they go round pub car parks and put small reflective stickers on the bumpers of all the cars there, later in the evening they pull over and breathalise any driver of a car with a sticker on it. B]

A couple of years ago police in cars were sticking little round stickers on cars headlights in The George in Goring Road Worthing car park and waiting further up the road near The Mulberry and they could see cars coming towards them with a slight break in their headlight beam so they stopped them as they knew that they had been in the George.

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
Charlies Shinpad said:
The best thing is to follow the Swedish Police Procedure.

Zero Drinking policy if you drive.No grey areas there at all and a lot of lives saved I would think

Have said the same for many years now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here