Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six-a-side final AFC LIZARD 7-5 NSC Albion

Albion Rob

Football finally came home on a damp afternoon in Burgess Hill as the LIZARDS finally realised their destiny and scampered off with the Winter Knockout title.

In a match which was reduced to a sodden lottery within minutes, the Moths showed the drive, determination and courage that had seen them saunter into the final.

A nervy opening few minutes was littered with mistakes as Chappers and Crabbers battled to take the wind into account and they weren't helped by some wild distribution from Albion Rob.

As the half progressed, Brunning began making space for the onrushing midfield on Lennon and Toblerone and it was only a couple of svaes from Fumble that prevented the LIZARDS taking a deserved lead.

However, a sucker punch was right around the corner as too much standing off saw a shot finish in the bottom corner of the LIZARDS' net.

However, this setback simply galxanized the Moths onto greater things and withing minutes they were level as Lennon's shot took a wicked deflection and left the NSC keeper floundering.

But in the tospy turvy first half, anyhting could, and did, happen. NSC re-took the lead, but thye goal was quickly cancelled out by a strike from Toblerone which somehow found its way in at the near post. From here the LIZARDS built and scored again, through Brunning(?), but were too slow to react to an NSC free kick which sent the sides in level at 3-3.

Playing with the wind second half there was only going to be one winner - and NSC knew it. A couple of early attacks were snuffed out by Mark and Safeway before a mazy run and drilled shot from Tobe made it 4-3.

With the scent of victory strong, the Moths began to press home their advantage and Lennon scored again to make it 5-3.

NSC heads began to drop as the LIZARDS poured forward in search of further lory and they were rewarded when Brunning's fizzing corner was spilled into his own net by undercover LIZARDS Fumble.

By now Artois was making a nuisance of himself and Safeway had been left to hold the fort on his own at the back as Chappers and Crabbers took turns to try to lose their goalscoring cherry. This was the cue for Albion Rob to forget until the last second that he was playing in goal as he dived over the ball to give NSC some hope at 6-4.

But any idea they may have had about focing penalties was quickly snuffed out as Tobe rattled in his fourth of the day and put the people's champions four goals clear once again.

NSC were allowed one further consolation, but in truth, Trigolina had already indicated that time was running out at the NSC hearts were flatlining.

Marvellous scenes greeted the final whistle as Mark sprayed Artois' cheap champagne over everyone and the entire side retreated to the pub to watch Artois fall over himself.

Apologies for any factual inaccuracies, there were loads of goals and it was a long time ago now.

CONGRATULATIONS to all LIZARDS who have played with pride, honour and craft throughout the tournament. Well done to those who took Fumble on at 10-1 with his pre tournament odds, and finally to the rest of the sides in the upcoming Summer league - thanks in advance for the three points.

LIZARDS

Albion Rob
Artois
Brunning
Vinyl Richie
Safeway
Chappers
Lennon
Crabbers
Mark

Legends one and all.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
move to main board please!:clap2:

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
From here the LIZARDS built and scored again, through Brunning(?),

:nono: Rob what game were you at? I scored a HAT-TRICK in the FIRST HALF!!!! And it was a flipping beaut too!

we went in 4-3 up! Then I got a 4th (the rattler) in the second, tisch!

Last edited:

Albion Rob

Does it really f***ing matter you ****. I credited you with four f***ing goals, didn't i? We f***ing WON didn't we? I wrote the REPORT f***ing didn't I? For FUCKS sake, some f***ing people. Write your own f***ing report NEXT time and don't f***ing read mine then.

:lol: Only joking mate, Artois can change it, I can only actually remember about three of the goals, the rest was guesswork.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
no comments re: MARTINs corner........I'm disappointed. But what happy memories

Yey Lizard

scoring went lennon
me
me
me
....me
brunning
fumble

I think. My 4th and brunnings might have been in other order. Champaigne description good. Also think it needs a bit about me and LENNON SNOOKERING the f*** out of FATBOY after the match in the Cobblers

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Albion Rob said:

:lol: Only joking mate, Artois can change it, I can only actually remember about three of the goals, the rest was guesswork.

bit like your keeping arf arf.

wayhey UP THE LIZARD

Albion Rob

Feel free to add your own adds. Unfortunately, my dinner was already cold by the time I got home, if I had waited any longer there can be little doubt the missus would have chucked it in the bin.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Alion BOB you are 2 posts away from 1,000. i think the amended lizard report OR a new VERY CONTRIVERSAL thread should be started with it.

:lolol:

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
CORRECT THE STORY YOU MINGE DRINKER. Will you just take a moment away from licking fanny and guzzling on the fluid and pubes to correct the snatch of a post.................TWAT TICKLER

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
WHAT ABOUT MY f***ing VOLLEY THAT HIT THE POST :angry: :censored: :angry: :censored: :angry:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here