Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six A Side Controversy - Fao All Players

Simon

Jul 5, 2003
Once again, the SIX A SIDE league is dogged with controversy, and it's all going off! Arguments are breaking out and accusations are being made.

Firstly, the result stands. End of!

Now just to help shed some light on the happenings of the weekend............

Fatboy had been in touch with me on two separate occasions to say that he could not get a side together, and could he postpone.
The second occasion was Saturday night and I was slaughtered and couldn't even think about thinking about it right then!
On Sunday morning, I told him it was too late to cancel and that the game should go ahead or we all lose money on the pitch. Then I, myself, got in touch with Fran Hagarty and asked her to get her son, FH Jnr, who plays for NSC, to try and rustle up a couple of mates to join in so that fatboy had a team. Fran's boy duly obliged, but I am not sure Fatboy even knew who his players were likely to be, or even how many, right up until 3.45.

Therefore, I conclude that this misunderstanding was really a consequence of 'grey areas' in the rules, and much as I would like to see NSC on less points (for my team's sake), as I say above, the result stands.

So.........To clear up future 'grey areas', and as this season is now half way through and we have all played each other once, I will list below some facts/rules/guidelines (whatever you want to call them) about the SIX A SIDE LEAGUE..................

The league runs every year.

Each season consists of each team playing each other twice.

All games are played on the same day.

Because there is at least two weeks, and usually three weeks notice between games, there can be NO POSTPONEMENTS.

All squads have proven themselves to be big enough to cope with the odd drop-out, and every match MUST BE PLAYED, even if you are a player or two short.

The other side of this coin is the fact that when a side has a full squad there, they may use all players as rolling subs, and most teams have turned up with 9 or 10 at some time or other.

There is no limit to subs, but of course, only six players may be on the park at any one time.

If a team fails to show up for a game, the opposition will be awarded a 1-0 win. ( Unless not turning up is a tactic used on the last day of the season because a team is 3 points ahead with a +2 goal difference, in which case the team failing to turn up would forfeit the Championship). I will also look very closely at why they did not turn up, and their place in the league could be in jeopardy if no good reasons are available for selection.

If you are offered a referee for your game, and you accept, you play to his rules, no matter how mad he may be!!!!!!(The Chief)

If you do not have a ref available, the two captains are responsible for discipline, and the manner in which the game is played.

Two yellow cards in successive games or a red card, results in a ONE MATCH BAN and possible other punishments!

No shooting from within the 'D'

Headers may be scored within the 'D'

Captains may decide before the start of the game about whether to use throw-ins or play on's and also whether to use 'centres' after a goal, or 'goalkeeper starts'.

If there are any other grey areas left, then ask about them now.

Now..............On a happier note................

There is a f***-off great big trophy which will be awarded each year to the winning team, and also a smaller trophy which the winners get to keep for ever.

There is also an award for...........

Player of the season.
Muppet of the season.
Mouthy git of the season.

(Voting will take place before the last round of games.)

AND FINALLY...........here is the latest Championship betting on offer at Blueandwhitesquare.com............

NSC 1/2 on
Brightonfans.com 2/1
Rivals 5/2
Team Mad 5/1
Albion Travel 13/2
Seagulls World 100/1

ENJOY YOUR FOOTBALL, for tomorrow your hamstring may give out!

Last edited:

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
Is there really a big problem with this?? If so I suggest Team Mad go and probe Safeway's ring. I was gutted I missed the game through injury because I would have liked nothing more than to give the Mad boys a hell of a beating.

As Wenger said about the Arse we are clearly the best team in the league and it wouldn't surprise me if we went the whole season undefeated!!

There that should win me a few votes for Mouthy Git of the season.

Simon

Jul 5, 2003
TOTKM said:
Is there really a big problem with this??

I don't thinks so.......I think its mainly tongue in cheek, but at least it's all there in print now, so should clear up future, shall we say, spats?

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Simon said:
If you are offered a referee for your game, and you accept, you play to his rules, no matter how mad he may be!!!!!!(The Chief)

Damn, you mean we had a choice whether to have a ref or not :lol:

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
Good stuff Coxy. I suggest if they give you anymore grief kick the Teenage Fanclub out of the league!

They were the ones contesting the result against Seagulls World as well weren't they?????

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
jonnyboylennon said:
We didnt contest it anyway did we?

Even though i had a perfectly good equaliser ruled out because of Chiefs over-zealous refereeing.

I thought we accepted defeat graciously. For once.:jester:

See the other NSC-Team Mad thread.

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
Turkey and Brunning's toys have disappeared miles out of the pram on the other thread...

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
you haven't clear up the rules on telling opposition players the game is off, and "forgeting" to tell them when it is back on again?

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah but I think Fatters genuinely thought we didn't have a team on Sat night. I pulled out at about 9pm.

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
I just hope this Sunday doesn't degenerate into the shambles we had against Palace for the REMF game! Hopefully Leicester won't be as good, and I won't score any own goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here