Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sitting in the opponents end

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Nine of us & two Southampton fans in Mike Channon Suite & seated in front of the press in the home end. We all rose & cheered when we scored & remained seated when they scored. Not one comment or adverse reaction at all. Friends kids in home end too & no one seemed that bothered although clear who they were supporting.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Spurs last year..........small cheer when we scored, followed by apology to those around me........they were fine though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Birmingham in the mid-90s, we went 2-0 down then scored three in a row then Rust saved a penalty but they put the rebound in for 3-3. A rollercoaster day and as said on here before, it's not the celebrating Albion goals that's the prob when you're in the home end, it's the not celebrating when the home team score that exposes you, and when they went 2-0 up some big bastard behind tapped me on the shoulder and said "lucky for you that we've got our reserves out today", no real aggro or malice though...... although having later come back to lead 3-2 there was a great temptation to turn round to him and return the compliment, a temptation I surprisingly managed to resist.

Last edited:

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Bristol Rovers, Plymouth, Hereford on The Day (pooing myself whole game), Reading championship season, Carlisle mid 80's. Can't say I enjoyed any of them overmuch

wcnige

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Only once when I was in the away end behind the goal at Bournemouth. I think we won 2-0 and although I contained myself for the first I made a lot of Mr Bean type noises for the second. The home support just thought there was something wrong with me :D

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Spurs away early eighties I think. We won 1-0, Robbo winner. I was in the shelf; kept quiet but the Albion end looked brilliant going berserk!!! :clap2:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I've sat in the opponents end at Leeds (1-1 and 3-3), Wolves (1-1) and years ago Wycombe Wanderers in full colours. We won and I let everyone know I was BHA.

Cardiff away a few seasons ago now, we drew 1-1. I was with a girlfriend at the time and had complimentary tickets in the main stand, left of the away supporters. Where the nutters are. Walked in late, Bobby Z scored, I cheered then realised it was full of Cardiff!! A few BHA with complimentarys called us to sit at the top of the stand.

Had a Wanker Welsh bloke sitting in front of me giving me stick all the way through. They scored and he turned round and called me an English cu*t and Brighton fag, even though I was with my girlfriend. Being a bit tipsey. I stood up to him, then realised there was a good 500 Cardiff nutters in that stand!

Kept quiet after that!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Millwall away 1972-3.Went to the game on my own,stood amongst the 'Wall fans.It wasn't hard to keep quiet,as the Albion were utter shit that day.Lost 3-0.
I would estimate there were less than 100 Brighton fans at the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here