Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sitting in the opponents end

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Cardiff and Milwall games srping to mind, having a supporter sitting near me who supported the other team.

If you sit in the opponents stand, do you celebrate Brighton scoring (should that happen) or do you keep quiet and stand up when the other team scores......

I haven't sat in the an oppositions stand yet, so I don't know what I would do

Ronaldinho

Jan 3, 2006
Crawley
I sat in the west ham end when we beat them at upton park.
when butters scored i put my head in my hands to cover my delight. everyone else just thought i was devastated!

Sep 24, 2003
Seven Dials
I was in with the Palarse fans at Selhurst back in the 80s; needless to say I kept pretty quiet when we scored!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ronaldinho said:
I sat in the west ham end when we beat them at upton park.
when butters scored i put my head in my hands to cover my delight. everyone else just thought i was devastated!

Cunning. The cheshire cat grin covered by your hands....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Keep quiet when we score albeit difficult.

Did it at Palace in the Holmesdale and at Hereford.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I saw us beat Wolves at Molyneux in 1984 when I was in the home end (I was going out with a Wolves supporter at the time).

I leaped to my feet when Eric Young scored and gave a half-cheer.

I was also at Priestfield three years ago when we lost 3-0; there was nothing to cheer that day so there was no dilemma for me.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
On very rare occassions I have been in the home end twice I have celebrated and been moved into the away end no bother the stewards were very polite and helpful (Ipswich and Arsenal). The other time was at Chelsea and I managed to sit on my hands but my husband lept up like a looney, the stewards shoved us (and about 15 others) over a fence into the away end before there was a complete riot.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Starry said:
On very rare occassions I have been in the home end twice I have celebrated and been moved into the away end no bother the stewards were very polite and helpful (Ipswich and Arsenal). The other time was at Chelsea and I managed to sit on my hands but my husband lept up like a looney, the stewards shoved us (and about 15 others) over a fence into the away end before there was a complete riot.

I didn't have you down as a rioter! :lolol:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
I didn't have you down as a rioter! :lolol:

Heeee!

I'm as scary as they come, all 5 ft 5 and 100 pounds of me! ;-)

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've been in the home end a couple of times.

At leicester in the 2002/3 season I did a good job of keeping quiet in the first half. I even managed to stand when they scored. I don't think anyone noticed that I wasn't cheering. All the good work was ruined however when gary hart made a tackle that their player made a complete meal of and got Harty booked. My friend and I, momentarily forgetting where we were- stood up and hurled abuse at the poncy leicester player which somewhat blew our cover. No one seemed to mind though as Leicester only needed a point to gain promotion which they got quite easily.

Also went in the home end away at Aldershot in the cup. But finding ourselves surrounded by some nasty looking blokes who didnt take too kindly to our grins when carpenter scored in the second minute, and being on the receiving end of a hailstorm of coins coming from the albion fans, we decided it was probably wisest to point out our mistake to a friendly policeman and get ourselves moved into the Brighton enclosure.

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
I was in the Southampton end yesterday with my mum thanks to some complimentry tickets. When Southampton scored I stood up but my mum had to grab me and push me back in my seat when Mayo scored!

Another time was way back in the late 80's/early 90's at Filbert street. A Leicester fan we met on holiday got us the tickets. It was bloody embarressing as we lost 3-0 and just sat there when Leicester scored. The next season we told him we'd get our own tickets!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was in the home end too yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the home supporter's indifference to me. Indeed, I was even offered condolences by one sporting Saints fan.

I'd definitely do it again at a friendly club. Not at Millwall or Leeds though because I now know I cannot keep quiet when we score.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
If you are a Brighton 'ex-pat' you often end up in the wrong end. If the away allocation of tickets is sold out you can often get a home supporters ticket.

Most amusing in recent years was the play-off semi in Swindon when we nicked it 1-0 against the run of play. I did a tremendous jump-out-of-seat-and-punch-the-air turned bury-head-in-hands. Should have won an Oscar.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Some of the Bracknell Posse attended the game at Kenilworth Road with a Luton supporting uncle and cousins. They reported that it was quite easy not to give themselves away as a result of overenthusiastic celebration. ;)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Done it a few times, first was at Sunderland about 20 years ago, went in their end wearing colours, didn't even get a comment, we were poor, had a player sent off and lost 2-1. Done it at Brentford, the cup game where Nelson scored, can't remember how I reacted to that, think I did it at Barnet as well. Have done it twice at Swindon, once in the league cup when my ticket got lost in the post and there wasn't time to get another one. The last time was the play off semi, also at Swindon, just sat on my hands and kept my gob shut when we scored, was chatting with those sat around me at half time, they had guessed I was a Brighton fan after only a few minutes. In fact considering the manner of our victory, one shot, one goal, it was pretty friendly and at the end of the game they wished us well for beating City in the final.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Gully said:
Done it a few times, first was at Sunderland about 20 years ago, went in their end wearing colours, didn't even get a comment, we were poor, had a player sent off and lost 2-1. Done it at Brentford, the cup game where Nelson scored, can't remember how I reacted to that, think I did it at Barnet as well. Have done it twice at Swindon, once in the league cup when my ticket got lost in the post and there wasn't time to get another one. The last time was the play off semi, also at Swindon, just sat on my hands and kept my gob shut when we scored, was chatting with those sat around me at half time, they had guessed I was a Brighton fan after only a few minutes. In fact considering the manner of our victory, one shot, one goal, it was pretty friendly and at the end of the game they wished us well for beating City in the final.

What even before the second leg? There's a defeatest attitude for you!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I know, I found it hard to believe as well, talk about being resigned to defeat. We had just beaten them 1-0 with a well taken goal that was our only real attempt of the afternoon, they should have been at least a little optimistic of winning the away leg (which they very nearly did).

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Sometimes easier for me to get tickets for home ends due to last minute decisions to go to games so have always kept quiet.

At Spurs last season I was with my sister who jumped up and down in delight when we scored. I disowned her very quickly.

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
Sat in the home section at Saints game.
Living six miles from Southampton a season ticket holder work mate got me and my mate Albion suppoting mate Paul a seat along the side.
Gave a very loud cough after almost cheering when we scored.
Some home fans realised who we were and even spoke at half-time to us.
No problems except the result.
HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here