Sussex by the Sea
At last, some details:

1000002673.png

1000002671.png

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Though it may not be all over yet.

"Matters involving council tax and personal tax do not fall into the jurisdiction of policing.

"GMP has liaised with Stockport Council and information about our investigation has been shared with them.

"Details of our investigation have also been shared with His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC)."
1716921770727.png

The Guardian

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

There used to be a really stupid account on NSC who when incapable of even the most simplest of one liners, used to get so desperate to be heard that he would post png's of things he had seen in HUGE FONTS instead with no source whatsoever.

But he stopped posting on NSC a couple of weeks before you arrived so of course you, wouldn't know about him at all :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And the BBC reported an hour or so ago that this ludicrous bollocks has been tossed into the bin.

When the Republicans create a smear, they at least manage to bribe a prosecutor to keep it running and running. The Tories really are f***ing useless. They can't even propagate a slur for more than a couple of weeks. Wankas.

And while I'm here, f*** OFF Potty. I have you on ignore, but you are irritating people I like. It's not big and it's not clever.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At last, some details:
Bit of a cheek a Tory type has when demanding detail.
In 2019, the Tory manifesto was paper thin, with literally NO costings at all.

They won a 80 seat majority (and then obviously made a mess of the country).

My favourite bit of zero Tory detail was the bit where Liz Truss took over (unelected by the population, of course) and then rashly decided to break the economy by promising un-costed tax cuts we couldn't afford. What was yours?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Disgusting treatment of Dianne Abbot.
Unsurprising from what is now a morally bankrupt cesspit of a party.

Whilst not agreeing with the treatment of Dianne Abbott , the conservatives are going to have to do a lot of this in the next 5 years to move the party back to the centre ground.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I thought maybe she wasn’t very well. I don’t think I’ve seen her take on it in her own words yet.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Probably a mistake to say Jews don't experience racism
You can argue it was clumsy but thats not what she said. It was a comment about day to day life experienced in Britain

Best explained by this letter in the Guardian

Speaking as a Jewish person (born and lifelong) and after 40 years married to an Irishman, I have to say that Diane Abbott is absolutely right. Of course Irish and Jewish people don’t suffer the racial abuse that Black people do – day in, day out. We are not immediately picked out as different and the police do not stop us if we drive nice cars. (Benjamin Zephaniah sold his BMW because he got stopped by the police so many times in it.) We do not worry, as Black families do, whether our children will be either racially attacked or falsely arrested by the police on their way home from school or a night out.

She speaks from bitter experience and she is entitled to her opinion. Her letter was answering an article the previous week, which was clearly there to engender a debate. Are we no longer allowed to debate issues in this country?

If Abbott – an MP who has worked hard for her constituents, which is what an MP is supposed to do – is not allowed to stand for Labour at the next election, I, as a lifelong Labour voter, will not vote Labour.

Angela Singer
Cambridge

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And indeed we have discovered that Starmer is a liar. He said, as did other Shadow Cabinet members only a few days ago that the party investigation was "ongoing". Clearly it was not; it had concluded its investigations in December. I'm sure Starmer wanted to drag out the long ago concluded investigation until the GE but got backed into a corner when the information regarding the conclusion of the enquiry was leaked / released.

He has therefore had to do the next best thing and ban her from standing as a candidate for Labour in the GE. What a shabby way to treat a long-serving Labour MP who has increased her majority at every GE in which she stood.

I hope she has the courage and support to stand as an Independent candidate and give Starmer the bloody nose he so richly deserves.

This is Starmer's Labour Party folks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And indeed we have discovered that Starmer is a liar. He said, as did other Shadow Cabinet members only a few days ago that the party investigation was "ongoing". Clearly it was not; it had concluded its investigations in December. I'm sure Starmer wanted to drag out the long ago concluded investigation until the GE but got backed into a corner when the information regarding the conclusion of the enquiry was leaked / released.

He has therefore had to do the next best thing and ban her from standing as a candidate for Labour in the GE. What a shabby way to treat a long-serving Labour MP who has increased her majority at every GE in which she stood.

I hope she has the courage and support to stand as an Independent candidate and give Starmer the bloody nose he so richly deserves.

This is Starmer's Labour Party folks.
What nonsense.

It seems there are those on the hard left who have been waiting for an excuse to pile in on Starmer. My view? I think you have gone too soon. Give him a chance to become PM and then wait till he does something to affront your hard left sensibilities before the studs-up challenge.

It is a long time since I have seen any rah rah Diane Abbott on NSC.
She has sniped at Starmer ever since he replaced her former squeeze. Snarky, just this side of defamatory. Disgraceful in fact.

Good riddance.

I haven't read the details of the debacle but I am assuming Starmer has overruled a decision to allow her to persist. I may read about it later, but I am not interested in reading Abbott's version of events any more than I am interested in her explanation of how she opposed private schools while sending her child to one.

Edit: All we know it seems is from Abbott herself: "Although the whip has been restored, I am banned from standing as a Labour candidate."

borat

Jul 16, 2003
What nonsense.

It seems there are those on the hard left who have been waiting for an excuse to pile in on Starmer. My view? I think you have gone too soon. Give him a chance to become PM and then wait till he does something to affront your hard left sensibilities before the studs-up challenge.

It is a long time since I have seen any rah rah Diane Abbott on NSC.
She has sniped at Starmer ever since he replaced her former squeeze. Snarky, just this side of defamatory. Disgraceful in fact.

Good riddance.

I haven't read the details of the debacle but I am assuming Starmer has overruled a decision to allow her to persist. I may read about it later, but I am not interested in reading Abbott's version of events any more than I am interested in her explanation of how she opposed private schools while sending her child to one.

Edit: All we know it seems is from Abbott herself: "Although the whip has been restored, I am banned from standing as a Labour candidate."

HWT wont see this as I am on ignore (dont think he likes his entrenched views challenged)

I see no good arguments here, just meaningless ''hard left'' smears thrown out.

You don't have to agree with Abbotts politics or even believe she is a great politician to see Starmer has treated her disgracefully whilst welcoming in Right Wing Tories.

Perhaps HWT should familiarise himself with the 'Forde Report'' that Labour commissioned and then ignored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here