Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Bobby Robson Has Left Newcastle!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sad, he's been a great character, but hardly a surprise. Not only have Newcastle made their customary poor start, but he's clearly lost the backing of both the players and the board. Untenable, boil had to be lanced.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Sky sports news have said that Houllier is going to take over until the end of the seasons according to sources within the club???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So typical of the Premiershite...instant success (even this early into the season) or you're out! Saying that-he has been losing the plot in recent times.

Sad too that an owd fella has lost his job on such a meagre income/pension but he's made squillions out of football. Don't feel too sorry for him! There comes a time in everybody's life when 9it's time to hang up the boots/briefcase/etc. He went way past his time sadly.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Cereal Killer said:
:bowdown: Hero :bowdown:

Don't think Rooney will be coming now! :(

Shouldn't that be "Going now"?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sad day. He was a true gent and Newcastle through and through.

But all-too typical of the short-termism that bedevils football these days.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolute madness, everytime Shearer is left out the manager goes :angry: :angry:

Obviously the player is bigger than the club in this instance.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Having previously worked for a media organisation that had very close links with Newcastle United, I have to say I really dislike the entire corporate set-up there. There are some pretty evil and malevolent forces at work, who don't take long to discredit ANYONE who gets in their way of their aim (which incidentally is less about winning things than just making lots of money in my opinion).

I interviewed Sir Bobby once, on the day he got his honorary doctorate from Newcastle University. You can't gauge much in five minutes, but he seemed like a nice man and he always gave excellent quotes.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Bugger, sorry. Could someone delete this please?

Why it's not slanderous

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I posted the same thing twice and couldn't delete it. So when I asked if someonce could delete "this" I was referring to the post saying "could someone delete this" and not the one above, containing my opinions on Newcastle United.

Sorry.

Phew.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Appalling way to treat a legend.

I reckon Shearer will keep the job if they get a few results.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Did you see his interview on Sky? Dignified as you would expect,but you could see in his eyes how upset he was,he also said he just didn't know what to do next.
Very very sad.
:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here