Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sir Alex said.....

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Fergie is just blind... it was a justified yellow and he had to go.... maybe Ribery deserved a yellow for responding though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Alex Fergeuson, hypocrit and twat, simple.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm sure the referee was already putting his hand towards his pocket way before the Bayern players got involved.

Yeah, you could see him saying to them that he was going to send him off. But should have booked them too.

What ever happened to that rule anyway? I remember people getting booked a few years ago for waving imaginary cards. Was that just in the Premiership, not European games?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
What ever happened to that rule anyway? I remember people getting booked a few years ago for waving imaginary cards. Was that just in the Premiership, not European games?

I remember it happening in a Euro 2008 game. I agree - players should be booked for telling the ref what to do. I would love it if FIFA put in place similar rules to Rugby Union with regards to players communicating with the ref.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Love his post match when his team have lost. The bloke is a sour old man

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For a man who believes that football should be played the right way in terms of being attacking (both United and Aberdeen had the same style), he loses all respect for United in defeat.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
For a man who believes that football should be played the right way in terms of being attacking (both United and Aberdeen had the same style), he loses all respect for United in defeat.

Very true. Wenger and Benitez are similar. At least we got to see it this time - actual journalists asking him proper questions after a defeat when he was really pissed off. Normally it's the MUTV treatment only after a league game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that in the event of a draw after normal time the match should go to extra time and then away goals and eventually penalties should be brought in but an attempt to settle it on goals should be the first priority. I think that the ref may have booked Rafael irrespective of the Bayern reaction but Ribbery's behaviour was a disgrace and from such a good player. Had the ref applied the rules of the competition Ribbery plus about 3 other players would have been given a yellow card for trying to incite the ref.

However I cant see any of the teams beating Barcelona.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Very true. Wenger and Benitez are similar. At least we got to see it this time - actual journalists asking him proper questions after a defeat when he was really pissed off. Normally it's the MUTV treatment only after a league game.

Not really. When he said the players tried to get Rafael sent off, Gabriel Clarke should have said "You mean they pressurised the referee like United do?"
The explosion would have been wonderful to behold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here