Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sion Jenkins: No Compensation

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I know someone who covered both his trials for national media and has covered all the big cases in Lewes as well as sussex related cases at the Old Bailey and he reckons that Jenkins' being a free man is the biggest miscarriage of justice in modern times.

I know the police do (regularly) get things wrong and can be myopic in certain instances (they are supposed to investigate all avenues that point to or away from the suspect but in many cases don't) but I don't believe this to be one of those cases.

How about the Rottingdean mother-in-law murderer ? How a jury failed to convict him I do not know.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
In the Jenkins case, there was some very dodgy and unconvincing forensic evidence that was presented by the prosecution at the first trial - at least that was the view of some lawyers that I recall discussing the case with at the time.

Wasn't it to do with the blood stains that were on Jenkins' clothes? They said they must have got there when he struck her head, but he claimed (or his lawyers did) that they could have been exhaled as he held her dying body, when he (allegedly) came back to the house to find her lying outside.

There was supposed to be a mystery tramp in the area, who was I think never identified. Wasn't he supposed to have been at the scene when the police got there, but the police never stopped him?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
From what I remember there was a lot of odd things about this case, and he 'could' have been innocent. But that is not really the point of the thread, it was about the comp, and he is either guilty and should be in prison and no money, or not guilty and therefore wrongly imprisoned and due some comp - as he is out, he is due money. You can't really say, "we'll let you out 'cos we can't convince two juries you are guilty, but we believe you did it so no money, naaaah, naaaah "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here