Sion Jenkins gets a retrial

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Sion Jenkins win appeal

the killers out there somehere?

Jenkins wins right to a retrial

Sion Jenkins was convicted of Billie-Jo's murder in 1998
A foster father jailed in 1998 for murdering his teenage foster daughter has won the right to a retrial.
Sion Jenkins, 45, was jailed for life for the murder of 13-year-old Billie-Jo at their home in Hastings, East Sussex.

Three Court of Appeal judges quashed Sion Jenkins' original murder conviction on Friday.

A retrial date for the former deputy headmaster is to be decided.

Last edited:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I always thought the way his wife turned entirely against him was interesting.

I don't know if it's because she knew he was capable of such a thing, or whether she decided she wantred him away.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He hasn't actually won an appeal but a retrial.

Michael ? (the one who murdered the mother and little girl in Kent) won the right to a retrial but was still found guilty after that.

probably the right decision, but lots of questions.
Does he get bail while waiting - if he'd been arrested for murder today he wouldn't get bail.
If he didn't do it, there must be someone out there thinking shit, I thought I'd got away with it.
Will the Crown Prosecution go ahead with a retrial, bearing in mind the cost and the egg on face psoobilities if he gets foound not guilty.
My gut feeling is he didn't do it - at least I don't think it's been proved beyond reasonable doubt.
Still, it's more work for the lawyers, so that's OK then!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Re: Sion Jenkins win appeal

brighton rock said:
the killers out there somehere?

Jenkins wins right to a retrial

Sion Jenkins was convicted of Billie-Jo's murder in 1998
A foster father jailed in 1998 for murdering his teenage foster daughter has won the right to a retrial.
Sion Jenkins, 45, was jailed for life for the murder of 13-year-old Billie-Jo at their home in Hastings, East Sussex.

Three Court of Appeal judges quashed Sion Jenkins' original murder conviction on Friday.

A retrial date for the former deputy headmaster is to be decided.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=BZQVGTGM2ACK0CRBAEKSFEY?type=topNews&storyID=548384§ion=news

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Yorkie said:
He hasn't actually won an appeal but a retrial.

Michael ? (the one who murdered the mother and little girl in Kent) won the right to a retrial but was still found guilty after that.

i think he can walk free untill the retrial?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The wife is evil, the way she turned on him. I hope Sion Jenkins wins his re-trial and sues the police for loads.

The killer is out there somewhere.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
The biggest miscarriage of justice still standing at the moment is the Jill Dando case. There is no way that Freddie Mercury wannabe had any thing to do with her murder.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seem to recall at the time there was quite a spate of high-profile murder cases where the step-father got arrested. It got so every time there was a televised press conference you'd find yourself thinking: yeah, the stepfather did it. Guess the police sort of got into a bit of the same mindset and just maybe got a bit lazy. The bloke should get a re-trial IMHO cos the prospects of serving a life sentence for an offence you didn't commit just don't bear thinking about. Agree with whoever said there's something not quite right with the wife also.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Whether he did it or not, I thought it odd that he drove to a DIY store afterwards. Or did I misunderstand the chain of events?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Whats odder is that he drove to a DIY superstore afterwards with no money or credit cards and made his other kids go with him.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Seem to recall at the time there was quite a spate of high-profile murder cases where the step-father got arrested. It got so every time there was a televised press conference you'd find yourself thinking: yeah, the stepfather did it. Guess the police sort of got into a bit of the same mindset and just maybe got a bit lazy. The bloke should get a re-trial IMHO cos the prospects of serving a life sentence for an offence you didn't commit just don't bear thinking about. Agree with whoever said there's something not quite right with the wife also.

He definitely had the dead girls blood on his clothing. The evidence that is in question, is the technicality in how it got there.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
He had a microscopic amount of blood, enough say from a bubble of blood in the girl's nose that could've burst as he went near her.

If he had killed her there would've been more blood.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Downloaded Penguin said:
He had a microscopic amount of blood, enough say from a bubble of blood in the girl's nose that could've burst as he went near her.

That isn't what they were saying on the news. It appeared it could have come from her lungs though.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
He has won his appeal yorkie but the judges have decided that it should go too retrial.

I would be willing to bet that at that retrial the crown offers no evidence and he walks free.

have always had my doubts on this one so maybe, just maybe a right decision.

He has to wait 2 weeks for a bail hearing so is still on remand, according too the Grauniad.

He was on bail before the original trial so I can't see any problem him getting bail this time.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
I love the way Downloaded Penguin and the rest of you think you know so much about the case and the people involved. You don't know f*** all, so pipe down.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
the full harris said:
I love the way Downloaded Penguin and the rest of you think you know so much about the case and the people involved. You don't know f*** all, so pipe down.

And there was me thinking this was a message board where people were free to air their views. And no one has said anything insensitive on this thread. People are merely repeating what has been in the press. And nobody is claiming to "know" anything!

And lets not forget that a young life was cruelly ended here.

RIP Billy-Jo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here