Votes: 57 90.5%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
_59728664_titanicbouncycastle.jpg

A council has been criticised over the presence of an inflatable, sinking ship in one of its parks on the centenary of the sinking of the Titanic.

The slide was among a number of facilities provided to entertain children in Lough Shore park on Sunday.

UUP councillor Adrian Watson said a number of people had complained to him that the timing was in bad taste.

Antrim Borough Council said it had been provided by a private contractor and no offence had been intended.

Mr Watson said he had contacted the council about the issue after receiving several complaints from the public.

He said: "They thought it was a wee bit in bad taste. It was fair criticism."

In a statement, the council said: "Over the last three years during the spring and summer at Antrim Lough Shore Park, children's activities have been provided by a private contractor.

"These include a miniature railway and various inflatables including a giant slide designed to replicate a ship.

"Last weekend the children's activities were operating as normal.

"Neither the contractor nor the council intended this to cause offence to anyone."

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm firmly in the "FFS get over it" camp.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
you know what, I can't decide. The titanic has become such a story for most of us it's hard to think of it has a disaster sometimes.

Probably no though. That inflatable DOES look like the Titanic though!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Leonardo Di Caprio would be turning in his watery grave.

Well, They've made a few films about the Titanic now, including the classic "A Night To Remember" and I don't remember anyone getting upset about them being in bad taste.

And at least we got to see Winslets tits in the inferior one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair to the slide providers, if they'd made the inflatable of a ship NOT sinking, it would have made for a really shit slide.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I find the WHITE boatdeck on top of the BLACK hull offensive.

Kick racism out of boatbuilding..!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here