Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] "Single file you lycra clad twats"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where is the sign for non-cyclists? I demand equality.

Abuse and no slowing down by the Tour de France wanabees if you have the temerity to step on a cycle lane in my experience

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Not when I'm in my lorry. Wankers deliberately ride side by side just to stop lorries getting past.

I'm pretty sure they don't do it to annoy you. As stated by a few people, it's much safer for all concerned. If they rode in single file you would be exposed to oncoming traffic for much longer and would be more tempted to not give enough room when overtaking.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It’s funny how a couple of horse riders riding side by side will get the upmost respect by motorist. Well most, but people still lose their shit over cyclists. It’s a funny old world.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It’s funny how a couple of horse riders riding side by side will get the upmost respect by motorist. Well most, but people still lose their shit over cyclists. It’s a funny old world.

regardless of mode, too many people are ignorant and selfish on the roads . . . scool run mums probably trump anything on 2 wheels or 4 legs.

Horses I don't like, I think they're dangerous on the roads.

Cows are even worse. . . . nearly crashed into one on my scooter on the Bostal years ago, came round the corner an there were 4 of them in the middle of the road. . . they don't like noisy 2 strokes.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
7 can't be right! top cyclists take more drugs than Keith Richards in his prime.

True. But the pedant in me feels compelled to point out (although only in fun) :rock:that he was Keith Richard in his prime, before reverting to Richard's in the late 70's.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

It’s been that way for decades IME, possibly to do with the peasant/working class history of cycling, compared to the more upper/middle class history of horse riding.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

To be fair I care more about horses than I do about lumps of metal made into cars or bikes. I don’t think that’s an odd viewpoint.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Groups (or even pairs) riding in single file are more of a pain……had exactly this a couple of days ago at Ditchling. They were spaced too close for me to safely pull in between, but too far apart to overtake both at the same time.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Does she like to welcome cyclists one at a time?
This isn't a response to your post exactly, but I'd like to say "Welcome back!".

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think the context, dictates who is being unreasonable here.

It is a bank holiday weekend.
The road in question leads to a local point of interest. The popularity of the place on a sunny bank holiday weekend, can not come as a surprise to anyone.
Although there is a through road, for the vast majority of journeys, other than to Devils Dyke parking, better alternative routes are available.
What is so important that certain classes of motor vehicles require priority use of the road.
Unless ambulance drivers have taken to writing home made signs in place of sirens and flashing blue lights, I think the entitled prick who created this piece of wit, should be forced to take their rubbish home with them intravenously.

My own bike is sitting neglected in the garage with a flat tyre, where it has spent most of the last few years. My car is on the driveway, well maintained and regularly used. I just seem to suffer from a sense of humour bypass, when people start acting like entitled pricks.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
2EECDD78-9E25-49D9-865C-FF72EC4FD469.jpeg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This isn't a response to your post exactly, but I'd like to say "Welcome back!".
Thank you. We'll see how long I last. I don't know but I think I'm finding the site a bit better than before due to the option of banning posters from single threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here