Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing at the end?!?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It certainly was We are staying up.

Some people only hear what they want to hear.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yorkie said:
It certainly was We are staying up.

Some people only hear what they want to hear.
Why the hell would i WANT to hear that? I was sitting in R block for crying out loud - miles away from H block, and i could only assume that's what was being song (in the position we were in, after a 4th defeat on the bounce i was not expecting 'we are staying up' to be sung - clearly, i was wrong.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
It was we are staying up. Think we did well yesterday. Could have been 2 or 3 up at one point.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Withdean Wanderer said:
Why the hell would i WANT to hear that? I was sitting in R block for crying out loud - miles away from H block, and i could only assume that's what was being song (in the position we were in, after a 4th defeat on the bounce i was not expecting 'we are staying up' to be sung - clearly, i was wrong.

Why would you assume that?
Supporting the team means supporting them not having a go at them.
I am not going to apologise for being hopeful. I cannot and am absolutely incapable of not being hopeful. Life is too miserable as it is without hope.
I will continue to sing we are staying up until it is impossible to stay up.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
he would assume that because.

6 wins in 48 games.

most internal unrest in the squad for years.

total inability to get ANY new strikers upfront.

bizarre tactical errors and selections.

questionable signings.

I'm not saying I'm anti-McGhee, but there are alot of reasons.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yorkie said:
Why would you assume that?
Supporting the team means supporting them not having a go at them.
I am not going to apologise for being hopeful. I cannot and am absolutely incapable of not being hopeful. Life is too miserable as it is without hope.
I will continue to sing we are staying up until it is impossible to stay up.

Because my ears are clearly not that wonderful (which is why i wanted confirmation that that is what i heard) - but it definately sounded like 'we want mcghee out to me'. I didn't believe it was though, which is why i started this thread!!

There is nothing wrong with being hopeful (which is why i've gone to the last 3 matches expecting us to win).

But please don't assume you know what i'm thinking - why would i want to hear the most vocal supporters at Withdean (and lets face it, there aren't many of them) turning against the management - we'd have to be in a much worse situation for that to happen

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bigc said:
he would assume that because.

6 wins in 48 games.

most internal unrest in the squad for years.

total inability to get ANY new strikers upfront.

bizarre tactical errors and selections.

questionable signings.

I'm not saying I'm anti-McGhee, but there are alot of reasons.

I know all the supposed criticisms that are posted here.
H block do not sing pessimistic stuff. We always try and keep the team going if we can.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Re: Re: Singing at the end?!?

London Irish said:
Well I'm in the North Stand and didn't hear anything like that. Perhaps because I was too busy clapping the team off for a gutsy performance like so many around me :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm in H Block near Krispies and I can confirm there was no McGhee out chanting, just constant encouragement from him, Dover, Bakesy, Yorkie and the rest of us in that area for the team. We mostly agreed that we were nowhere near as downhearted as after the Leicester game as the team had put up a far better performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here