Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

singing at Millwall

Buzza said:
I mentioned to my mates "We seem to be singing the anti-palace songs more than usual, are we trying to ingratiate ourselves with Millwall?"

Nothing wrong with "we hate Palace more than you" surely? Statement of fact :)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:
Nothing wrong with "we hate Palace more than you" surely? Statement of fact :)

No nothing wrong with slagging off the Palarse, we just seemed to sing it more than usual! :)

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: singing at Millwall

mona said:
Well said timbha.
I like watching the football and vocally getting behind my team.
Why is there an obsession with winding up the opponents since all seaters came in? Is it because there's less fighting? I don't know.

because it is FUN, sweetheart.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Downloaded Penguin said:
That bloke in the pink shirt was the one and only SuperPhil!

Wanker in the pink here! I thought the Milwall fans were generally pretty good, they did a bit to get behind their team, also they were decent to Clarridge and understandably threw some grief out to McGhee.

Our fans once again did their best to get behind the team, I don't think the Falmer chanting is a bad thing, the players know what we are singing, and they know it is a filip to their performance.

I must confess, the Liverpool stuff was a bit needless, but at least we didn't get into the "town full of racists" chants I've heard from some Brighton fans in the past at places like Millwall.

Generally good humoured, and I trust that my shirt bought back some memories for the Millwall fans of the playoffs. 6-2 to the Albion :lolol: :dunce:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Like it or not there Is and affiliation between Millwall and Brighton with their hatred of Palace. It is TRADITION to sing stand up if you hate Palace. When no one in Millwall bothers to stand up we sing we hate Palace more than you.

To be honest it's probably a love in with Palace than Millwall as we are effectively arguing who is Palace's biggest rival.

To be fair to Millwall they did sing a bit and were generally good value for the banter, unlike say West Ham.

The Liverpool chanting was to provoke a reaction which is what 90% of all football chanting is about. No different to chanting your just a small town in Croydon for example.

There were lots of Albion chants too as always. I thought in summation it was far from the most vocal support Albion has had but good fun all the same.

Just a shame about the result.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Didn't like the "HIV HIV" chants that come from them...a bit OTT...but hey

"feed the cockneys, let them know its Christmas time again...."

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
Re: Re: Re: Re: singing at Millwall

Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Evening LB :wave:

Not interesting at all unfortunately

Our misguided fans thought they would "wind up" Millwall by chanting Liverpool songs (because Liverpool dumped them out of the League Cup), but it was f***ing embarrassing :nono:

)

:lolol: Suely that wasn't the reason!

Maybe something to do with this.......
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/4081903.stm

A certainly saw it as a little reminder that their own fans stupid behavouir during the Liverpool game has cost their club again.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I have to confess to standing in front of SuperPhil and singing to him "You’re too ugly to be gay" to which he responded with "I’m too ugly to be gay". Well you had to be there :)

Now I am sorry we did not seek the NSC approval of this song and will refrain from any songs seen as "a love in" with the home fans, or needlessly winding them up, or deviating from the NSC hymn sheet, or not making everyone have that warm glow of righteousness! Perhaps our away support should be based more on the morals of the Waltons or if people find that a little risqué “Little house on the prairie”. We are too much like the Simpsons for my liking!

Good atmosphere all round on Saturday, good crowd round us all having a laugh.

Cracking drinking before hand in the Southwark Tavern and the Market Porter, and cracking Saw Doctors gig in Shepherds Bush in the evening. It all started well on Friday night when we went to the Reduce Shakespeare Company show at the Criterion Theatre! All 39 plays in 97 minutes! Haven’t laughed so much in a long time!

Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Have to say they outperformed us on and off the pitch.Having someone wearing pink didn't help and the 'we hate Palace more than you' was plain embarrassing.We should have concentrated on the 'feed the pikeys' and 'does the social...' much more, because quite simply, they are the lowest of the low that live in the most disgusting of places.And thats gotta hurt.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: singing at Millwall

tomysupercup said:
:lolol: Suely that wasn't the reason!

Maybe something to do with this.......
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/4081903.stm

A certainly saw it as a little reminder that their own fans stupid behavouir during the Liverpool game has cost their club again.
yes i believe it was this too ! who gives a f*** that the scousers knocked em out of the cup :shootself there were a few mumbelings of run by the scousers from a few rows in front of me but never really got going so yeah i'd say that was the reason

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
timbha said:
can somebody explain the benefit of chanting "We Want Falmer", etc, etc, during open play? How is this supposed to inspire the players?

also, why sing "worst support we've ever seen" at every away match? I can't believe there's a worse/quieter home support in this division than us.

and why suck up to Millwall with "stand up if you hate Palace"

who do we think we are?
Couldn't agree more,its become a very boring subject these days.:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Superphil I was sat about 2 rows in front of you for the first half with Berkshire Seagull, must say I thought you were very brave wearing a pink NOBO shirt at Millwall :lolol: Those chavs to our left were highly annoying
Wondered who that gay looking chap was??? didn't i notice that a bit earlier in the day as it looks so so gay,and boy he got some stick and rightly so.

That shirt is f***ing groce:lolol:

re-al

May 22, 2004
Southend
Richie Morris said:
It was shit and gay when people started singing 'Liverpool'.

I followed it up with a 'We are Brighton, from the South'.

at first i thought it was liverpool, then it sounded more like never pull (the ugly joke)

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Re: Re: Re: singing at Millwall

the full harris said:
because it is FUN, sweetheart.
Oh well........
Worst support I've ever seen.
What I'm trying to say is there aren't many songs about our own team - FDM, OGH and Leon Knightknightknight excepted.
What about a song for Virgs?

Dandyman

In London village.
Mr Blobby said:
I have to confess to standing in front of SuperPhil and singing to him "You’re too ugly to be gay" to which he responded with "I’m too ugly to be gay". Well you had to be there :)

Now I am sorry we did not seek the NSC approval of this song and will refrain from any songs seen as "a love in" with the home fans, or needlessly winding them up, or deviating from the NSC hymn sheet, or not making everyone have that warm glow of righteousness! Perhaps our away support should be based more on the morals of the Waltons or if people find that a little risqué “Little house on the prairie”. We are too much like the Simpsons for my liking!

Good atmosphere all round on Saturday, good crowd round us all having a laugh.

Cracking drinking before hand in the Southwark Tavern and the Market Porter, and cracking Saw Doctors gig in Shepherds Bush in the evening. It all started well on Friday night when we went to the Reduce Shakespeare Company show at the Criterion Theatre! All 39 plays in 97 minutes! Haven’t laughed so much in a long time!

Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby

:lolol: :drink:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Re: Re: Re: Re: singing at Millwall

mona said:
Oh well........
Worst support I've ever seen.
What I'm trying to say is there aren't many songs about our own team - FDM, OGH and Leon Knightknightknight excepted.
What about a song for Virgs?

Adam Virgo has a song and if you haven't heard that you can't have been to many games this season.

Most of our players have songs but anything with more than three words in it seems to be difficult for people to remember.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: singing at Millwall

fatboy said:
Adam Virgo has a song and if you haven't heard that you can't have been to many games this season.

he has a couple of songs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here