Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singing area(s) at Falmer

Er, could the singing areas be the North, South, West and East stands?

It makes it sound like singing in a non-designated area is frowned upon, or needing permission

Won't be long before we have some European nights, and you know from the TV what noise is generated at Anfield, The Emirates etc. :thumbsup:

Completely agree. We want all 20 something thousand singing as opposed to the odd block of people.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Singing MUST be from behind the goal! End of!

To get the best from singers we need to be closely co-located (like when we are the away suporters) so it would be good for this to be terracing (ain't gonna happen) or non-disignated seats (free-for-all) - like most aways we do.

Away fans must be squeezed into a corner like at Elland Road (the cheese wedge) and in the corner at the Walkers too.

Do you mean that singing will only be allowed in certain designated areas?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Do you mean that singing will only be allowed in certain designated areas?

Good lord no - singing is permited by all !!

But in reality, only a small group of hardy souls keep up the singing throughout the game - especially when we are losing. I'm saying it's important to have these good people close together.

Remember the singing at the millenium stadium for the play-off final - my recollection was of haphazard and uncorordinated singing becuase the main singers were spread all over.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
home end behind one goal, away end behind the other - classic football ground set up.

slightly off topic does anybody else think there should be an oldies section? a place where our more senior fans can seat in peace, without getting upset about people standing up and what not? just a couple of blocks, couple of thousand seats at most, to cater for the old boys. some of these oldies have put thousands into the club over the year in tickets etc, should we be looking after them a bit?

lancingtroop

Jul 7, 2008
home end behind one goal, away end behind the other - classic football ground set up.

slightly off topic does anybody else think there should be an oldies section? a place where our more senior fans can seat in peace, without getting upset about people standing up and what not? just a couple of blocks, couple of thousand seats at most, to cater for the old boys. some of these oldies have put thousands into the club over the year in tickets etc, should we be looking after them a bit?

i agree with you whole heartedly old school setup is perfect and the oldies section is esential i have a lot of time for the older generation of fans but there is nothing worse than having grandpar sitting behind you, i get a pure sense of guilt standing depriving him/her of their view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here