Marc

Jul 6, 2003
this is the Valencia Street Circuit too:
valencia_f1_streetcircuit_map.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oooh, so they go over a BRIDGE in the Valencia one.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oooh, so they go over a BRIDGE in the Valencia one.

surely the fun thing would be NOT having a bridge there and it end up like scalextric where the cars have to jump over the gap.......that would be BRILLIANT

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
surely the fun thing would be NOT having a bridge there and it end up like scalextric where the cars have to jump over the gap.......that would be BRILLIANT
Or just have a CROSSROADS in the track. That would be bloody SPECTACULAR.

will racing at night increase the risk of vehicle/bat collision?
:lolol:
I think there is a very real risk of that.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
not only that but they are Dog Faced Fruit Bats or something:
Lesser Dog-faced Fruit Bat - Cynopterus brachyotis
batshortnose1.jpg

Interesting Facts: Like all fruits bat, the Less Dog-faced Fruit Bat, also called Common Fruit Bat has large, conspicuous eyes which gives off a dull red eye-shine when flashed by a torchlight at night. Most fruit bats lack echolocation and rely strictly on eyesight and smell to find their way.

The Common Fruit Bat has a unique behaviours. It constructs a tent out of the leaves of palm trees, bananas and other large leaf plants. By chewing the veins, the leaves collapse and form a well-engineered roosting cavities, covering the bats from direct sunlight and rain.

Size: Forearm 5.5-6.5cm,

Diet: Fruits. Sucking out juices and soft pulp. May accept nectar and pollen.

Activity: Nocturnal, move out to feed before dusk.

Habitat: Roosts in small group in trees under leaves. Occurs in forest and mangroves.

Threats: Habitat destruction

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Do they have speed cameras in Singapore? Lewis Hamilton could finish the race with 174 points on his licence if he's not careful.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I know enough to realise that cars driving in a circle for two hours is BORING

F1 is and will always be won in the pits,nascar on the other hand is won on the track and after 250 laps the guy who was 2 laps down can still win it.
Also the nascar drivers actually do 3 races over the course of a weekend (sprint cup,national and craftsmen trucks) which works out at 1000miles over 3 days at 200mph, i bet F1 drivers couldn't do it.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Considering thats the kind of daily distances they often do in testing, with far higher G forces, I'm absolutely sure they could.

Also, if someone thats two laps back can win it at the end, it rather defeats the point of it being a race of skill and machinery, doesn't it?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
F1 is and will always be won in the pits,nascar on the other hand is won on the track and after 250 laps the guy who was 2 laps down can still win it.
Also the nascar drivers actually do 3 races over the course of a weekend (sprint cup,national and craftsmen trucks) which works out at 1000miles over 3 days at 200mph, i bet F1 drivers couldn't do it.

But they are STILL just driving round in circles.
Left turns ALL the way.

:yawn:

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
i cant wait for the f1 season to start

and itll be great to see the singapore race as well

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Considering thats the kind of daily distances they often do in testing, with far higher G forces, I'm absolutely sure they could.

Also, if someone thats two laps back can win it at the end, it rather defeats the point of it being a race of skill and machinery, doesn't it?

F1 is not about skill as all the driver does is accelerate, steer and then brake, i know because i have the good fortune to have been given a go in an old minarde
a couple of years ago at fiorina

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Namely one of the cars entirely incapable of winning, then...

If theres no skill to it, how come Frentzen and Hill had such wildly different results at Jordan and how come M. Schumacher managed to do relatively well in the unreliable POS that was the 96/97 Ferrari?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
But they are STILL just driving round in circles.
Left turns ALL the way.

:yawn:

technically they're Ovals and secondly they do have 2 Circuit races each year, one of them at the legendary Watkins Glen!

Just watch the end of this years Daytona500 on youtube.....nudging into the back of someone at over 200mph....now THATS racing :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

Montoya seems to be doing alright, so did Villeneuve until he lost sponsorship. Then theres the IndyCar guys Franchitti & Hornish Jnr...both doing alright, so I'd have to disagree with your statement :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here