Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Singapore..Anyone been?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
were stopping off there for a week before heading off to brisbane.

How far is the airport from the city?

Are the hookers cheap and readily available..?

Do You need to do a cock check..so I dont make any mistakes!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Biscuit said:
no.

Hope this helps.

It doesnt. Thanks for replying though.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Me neither. :)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
None of my questions answered yet

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
Not gonna be much help. Stayed there for 2 days before going onto Bali and was completely jet lagged for the whole time I was there. Cab ride from the airport was about 20 mins, it was complimentary so couldnt tell you a cost, but everything is bloody expensive. Oh and dont litter or spit cos they will chop your knob off for anything like that.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I spent 24 hours there a couple of months back. Cab to the city centre was about 20 mins... most hotels/tour operators throw this in for nowt.

Walked around, looked at a couple of Hindu and Chinese temples... went to the shops along Orchard Road where I bought at least 600 quid's worth of digital camera gear for half that price.

Found a decent enough asian-style cafeteria on Orchard Road for dinner. It was packed with locals: I had a big meal of seafood and noodles and fruit for afters and it came to about four pounds. Was going to have a suit made there (they're dirt cheap) but didn't have time in the end.

Didn't enquire about hookers, as my mum was with me and she may not have been that impressed.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Yep, know it like the back of my hand.

Excellent food everywhere, even the street hawkers. it's all safe as well due to the very strict regulations.

Go to Lucky Plaza on orchard St to barter a cheap price for the latest electrical gizmo; quality.

Ride the cable car over to Sentosa Island.

Go to the zoo & have a pic taken with the Orang Utans. They sit next to you & put an arm around you, it's brilliant.

If you've got a few quid have a Singapore Sling in Raffles Hotel. If not, have a Tiger Beer down at Yishun food market. Or anywhere for that matter.

Any girl could shop till she dropped in Orchard Road, really good.

No Ki-ties down Bugis St anymore; all cleaned up. (If you know what I'm talking about then you're probably an ex-matelot who's knocking on a bit.....like me!)

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Spent a month there about 10 yerars ago. Went to Singapore's first FA Cup final and the league play offs the week before. Security was tight as you can see, I could of walked off with all three trophies.

Its only the size of the Isle Of Wight. Things to do Orchard Road for shops, you must have a Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel, night safari is supposed to be good (didn't go myself), Boat Quay for alfresco food by (man made) river, Clarke Quay for more food and small shops, take the cable car to Sentosa Island for musical fountains and old fort

Attachments

• cups.jpg
    cups.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 205

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
smudge said:
Excellent food everywhere, even the street hawkers. it's all safe as well due to the very strict regulations.

Yup, agree with that.

Sod the rest of it. Just spend your entire stay eating, going from one Hawker Centre to another. It's what Singapore was designed for...

:drool: :drool: :drool:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I worked there for 2 weeks, and really enjoyed it, so many shopping malls you wouldnt believe it!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Clubbing or women easily available?

Going to be there about a week..is it cheap to stay?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Spent a few days there in 2003 on the way home from Sabah. Very nice city, not as clinically clean as I had expected, just very tidy.

Lots of things to do, I went to Changi (very emotional experience), night safari at zoo (excellent, go round the wrong way to avoid Japanese tourists who frighten all the animals, you will know what I mean if you do go), walk round China town which is the oldest part of the city, go to a tea house and have lunch on the quayside, Indian part of the city for electrical items, bought an I-pod before anyone had really heard of them, Chijmes for a free jazz performance in the afternoon and Raffles is a must for lunch (they have a minimum dress code, best to ask the doorman for advice and to avoid embarassment).

Enjoy Singapore, it really is a good example of how several cultures can co-exist in harmony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here