Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Mayo. Radio 2.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is it sad that I can remember his last show on Radio 1 and that he played a special version of everclear

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
Slade in Flame is one of my all time favourite films of all time. Noddy and Jim prove they can act, Don doesn't try and Dave plays himself - enough said.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mayo is a " safe pair of hands" as it were. He does need a charisma transfusion desperately !

As for Evans, he has got rid of the "bad boy" tag and I find him a very good R2 presenter, his drivetime show was good and he has upped it since moving to the breakfast slot.

jamie1972

Mar 4, 2010
Mid Sussex
Can't stand the bloke but Radio 2 is falling to pieces. Cat obsessed, talk over every track, pain in the hole Sarah Kennedy. Total tool Allinson and now Mayo.

I heard he was a huge Spurs fan and that when they beat the Arse in the 1991 semi he gloated thoughout his show at every opportunity. Then got a smack in the mush off some bloke digging up the the road outside the beeb.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Mayo does follow Spurs and was he once a presenter for Radio Southlands?

As for Evans,does he still own The Mulberry Pub on the West Sussex,Surrey borders on the A281?

D

Deleted member 2719

He definitely has a connection with Worthing and anyone calling of texting from Worthing / Sussex area always seems to get a mention on his shows.

His Dad was my Headmaster at my intermediate school. Mayo does remind me of the school prefects, probably never had a slipper or detention in his life.

:angel:

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
only used to encounter chris evans drive on a friday on my weekly jaunt to torquay...excellent company for two hours of the four... mayo..not too bad, but i think friday's are request time.... have to say...big shout out to alfie tinker-taylor from worthing who made an impact last friday...made me laugh lots...kids eh!
anyone know him?

D

Deleted member 2719

Mayo does follow Spurs and was he once a presenter for Radio Southlands?

As for Evans,does he still own The Mulberry Pub on the West Sussex,Surrey borders on the A281?

Formerly the Ramsnest pub it used to kick off quite often in their during the seventies.

I think he still owns it he also was mean't to have bought the Lickfold Inn just a few miles down the road.

Although some people don't get him i think he is a good down to earth lad.

Evans:thumbsup:
Mayo:yawn:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Formerly the Ramsnest pub it used to kick off quite often in their during the seventies.

I think he still owns it he also was mean't to have bought the Lickfold Inn just a few miles down the road.

Although some people don't get him i think he is a good down to earth lad.

Evans:thumbsup:
Mayo:yawn:
I know the Lickfold but i did not know it was now his!
A few of my golfing mates used to play at Chiddingfold and then pop into The Mulberry and he would always be in there.

Your right that Evans is ok but Mayo seems odd,if im speaking politely.

D

Deleted member 2719

I know the Lickfold but i did not know it was now his!
A few of my golfing mates used to play at Chiddingfold and then pop into The Mulberry and he would always be in there.

Your right that Evans is ok but Mayo seems odd,if im speaking politely.

I think i am right in saying Evans did own Shillinglee golf club once, just across the fields from Chid, i have only played chid a couple of times probably 15 years ago what's it like now?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I think i am right in saying Evans did own Shillinglee golf club once, just across the fields from Chid, i have only played chid a couple of times probably 15 years ago what's it like now?

Ive only started playing again in the last year after a 20 year gap.My work colleague plays for Sussex and has been Sussex amateur champion so i tend to only stick to Littlehampton,Rustington,Hill Barn.Rookwood,Chi.
Whereas my mate and his posse play everywhere including winter breaks to The Algarve.
This year i will probably play more courses as he has loads of contacts.
Ps im stiil not very good.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ive only started playing again in the last year after a 20 year gap.My work colleague plays for Sussex and has been Sussex amateur champion so i tend to only stick to Littlehampton,Rustington,Hill Barn.Rookwood,Chi.
Whereas my mate and his posse play everywhere including winter breaks to The Algarve.
This year i will probably play more courses as he has loads of contacts.
Ps im stiil not very good.

You will soon pick it up again, i play more Golf now than i ever have but sometimes expect too much improvement too quickly, Just sorted my putting out and now the long irons are wayward!!

I found to get any sort of feel around the greens i have to play every 2 weeks, i am sure your scores will tumble once you can get the water/wind proof clothing off!!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
You will soon pick it up again, i play more Golf now than i ever have but sometimes expect too much improvement too quickly, Just sorted my putting out and now the long irons are wayward!!

I found to get any sort of feel around the greens i have to play every 2 weeks, i am sure your scores will tumble once you can get the water/wind proof clothing off!!

My short game is more than fine, i just have a problem when the heavy artillery comes out!

King Tubby

Jul 26, 2004
Sydney
His Dad was my Headmaster at my intermediate school. Mayo does remind me of the school prefects, probably never had a slipper or detention in his life.

:angel:

Herbert Shiner School....I had Mr Mayo for R.E. then Sex education, I recall he was very wise in masturbatory techniques:ohmy:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Mayo is definately a loss to 5live.

His podcasts were unmissable - always got the best out of his guests, made the bland very engaging and very interesting.

His and Kermode's slot on 5 is great fun, if passion for films and expressing opinions is your thing.

BUT

I tried him on 2 and I can't do it. He's even adopted an awful 'deeJAY' voice. Like an old flame, he's better in my memory.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Mayo, Radcliffe, Maconie, Kermode - all fine. It's Richard Bacon 5live in the afternoons I can't stand.

Agreed - he was quite fine on the late night slot but listening to him now is awful. His lack of general knowledge is quite astonishing, like listening to student radio at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here