Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Jordan.......should we gloat?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Season of goodwill to all men including those with perma tans?

As the Palace implode before our very eyes should we be laughing at them or feeling sorry for them?

One things for sure providing Gus can steady the ship, and I think he will, it look odds on we'll get our derby back next year, hopefully with little chance of getting done 5 nil up at Selhurst again.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
We only want them to implode as we are jealous of them being better than us.

I like the rivalry and I think it is up to us to prove we are good enough to compete with them - i.e. win 25-30 games of football in a season and get promoted

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
But if Tango man doesn't come up with the wages within the next week there could be a mass walkout.

Ten points away from relegation, with a makeshift side they could be in trouble, not to mention if they have to go into administration during the season.

Age has clouded my memory but when we were in the shit did they give us much sympathy?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, yes we should. player walkout, administration, drop a league is the worse that will happen, not like wishing them out of existance.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The vultures are gathering over the eagles......do you see what I've done there:thumbsup:

Whilst I wouldn't want to see them go, it would be nice to meet them on a level playing field for a change...so to speak.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The vultures are gathering over the eagles......do you see what I've done there:thumbsup:

Whilst I wouldn't want to see them go, it would be nice to meet them on a level playing field for a change...so to speak.

I don't want to see them go out of business but I'd be more than happy to see them going into The BS Conference for a while. A cap-in-hand groundshare with Charlton would be quite funny too...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Come on you lot, lighten up a bit.

My mother taught me to never mock the afflicted.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast

I like the rivalry and I think it is up to us to prove we are good enough to compete with them - i.e. win 25-30 games of football in a season and get promoted

Correct. Why dumb down when you should aspire up? :clap:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
In an ideal world I'd like them to go down for a season, us have a season above them, then they come up and both tick over in the championship for a few seasons,
Not likely though

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley

Well said. Then Harty spoiled it..."Age has clouded my memory but when we were in the shit did they give us much sympathy?" - Quite a few of us came on the march, yes.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Hate the man
Hate the club
But I remember seeing Palace fans at the "Fans United" game so they ain't all bad
Yes I cheer when they lose but what would be the point of them going out of business - we could never then prove that we were better than them.
We're all junkies for this game - it's the same drug just a slightly different prescription.
I shall now duck down behind a parapet for a month or two . . . !!

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
Hate the man
Hate the club
But I remember seeing Palace fans at the "Fans United" game so they ain't all bad
Yes I cheer when they lose but what would be the point of them going out of business - we could never then prove that we were better than them.
We're all junkies for this game - it's the same drug just a slightly different prescription.
I shall now duck down behind a parapet for a month or two . . . !!

Excellent post. :clap:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

You are embarrising

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I dont hate Jordan or any individual Palace player for that matter, i despise them as a team and hope they loose every match especially when we play them. HOWEVER if they were gone i would miss them so i certainly do not wish administration, a mass walkout of players and crippling debt, we as Brighton fans should remember just how awful it feels to nearly see the end of our football club and i for one would certainly not wish it upon another club even Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here