Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Jordan says nice things

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
And there's much more than TalkSport with some excellent Up Front interviews all available on YouTube. Whatever anyone (who probably don't know him anyway) thinks of him as a person, he's damned good at his job and interesting to listen to.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Pompous, self-important arse.
Yep - never quite got the love-in for him. Reminds me of Eubank, constantly using long words for the sake of it, just to sound clever. And they sort of fall out of his mouth in his rush to sound pompous. I heard him say "optics - although I hate the phrase" the other day when pretty much every time I have heard him in the past he has used the phrase. Blah blah, direction of travel. Blah blah, prism.

Only hear bits of it when I am travelling to sites because of the time but he seems to veer between interesting insight from his time as an owner to pompous, anti woke rants - mirroring his GBeebies other half. Going via declaring what other owners are doing wrong, ignoring his failure in that regard.

The podcast he did with Danny Kelly was genuinely interesting as it was all about the goings on in football clubs. But I don't need his life views shoving down my throat. And don't get me started on the Scottish Alan Partridge alongside him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yep - never quite got the love-in for him. Reminds me of Eubank, constantly using long words for the sake of it, just to sound clever. And they sort of fall out of his mouth in his rush to sound pompous. I heard him say "optics - although I hate the phrase" the other day when pretty much every time I have heard him in the past he has used the phrase. Blah blah, direction of travel. Blah blah, prism.

Only hear bits of it when I am travelling to sites because of the time but he seems to veer between interesting insight from his time as an owner to pompous, anti woke rants - mirroring his GBeebies other half. Going via declaring what other owners are doing wrong, ignoring his failure in that regard.

The podcast he did with Danny Kelly was genuinely interesting as it was all about the goings on in football clubs. But I don't need his life views shoving down my throat. And don't get me started on the Scottish Alan Partridge alongside him.
Well said. I enjoyed the machinations of your post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here