Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Jordan says nice things

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Brighton have an environment where recruitment is correctly deployed, the youth system is motivated and energised, and the owner and chief executive makes sure every aspect of the operation works to the highest order.

It means an average manager can look good. And a good manager, as they expect Hurzeler to be, can come in and fly. So as much as it pains me as a former Crystal Palace owner, Brighton is a blueprint for how a club can be run."

Please excuse the source...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I like Simon Jordan very much and agree with pretty much all he says

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Parrish was actually nice as well a few weeks ago as well.

Loves the rivalry, well run etc……and said if they finished above us then they’ve done something right.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
His view has evolved.

When we made Europe and were raking in vast transfer fees, he kept saying on TS that he’d heard it all before about a club having a model to follow. He mocked reports that academics such as the Harvard Business School had looked at our management approach. Clear that the Albion bubble would burst.

Finally, converted.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Yes he's a Palace fan, but he is the only reason I listen to TalkSport in the mornings.

I pretty much agree with everything he says on the most part. About most things.

He is a very intelligent bloke, and knows his stuff, probably more than we as mere fans know ourselves.

I also like his lack of filter and calls things out if it's deserved.

He also gives credit where it's due and will take the abuse when he's wrong.

Yep. I like him. I said it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes he's a Palace fan, but he is the only reason I listen to TalkSport in the mornings.

I pretty much agree with everything he says on the most part. About most things.

He is a very intelligent bloke, and knows his stuff, probably more than we as mere fans know ourselves.

I also like his lack of filter and calls things out if it's deserved.

He also gives credit where it's due and will take the abuse when he's wrong.

Yep. I like him. I said it.

Had the balls on TS to take on Troy Townsend, also a PFA rep who came on TS calling for positive discrimination in interviewing and then appointing managers from ethnic minorities. Believing in an evolution over time, from the best candidates winning and retaining their jobs.

When it would’ve been easy to say nothing to challenge the guests.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
I’m a fan too. I shouldn’t be, but I am. Even the other day when he said about hoping Brighton lose or Charlton lose it didn’t bother me one bit. Odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here