Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Hooper

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't think he got a single decision wrong.
Other than giving the penalty that wasn’t, had a great game i though. He was fairly “visible” and involved but then he had to be.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apart from the penalty which was an awful decision rightly overturned by VAR.
I can understand why it was initially given, so I don’t think it was an “awful” decision.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Yep, you’re right. To be fair, not easy to see Calvert-Lewin standing completely on top of on Dunky’s foot! 🤔
VAR sorted it but in a split second the ref saw some contact in the box and Calvert- Lewin go the floor. In slow motion, and viewed from different angles, it was obvious he stood on Dunks foot. I can forgive him for getting that wrong and the Lino that missed giving the fourth goal as offside (which it was by millimetres).

Tough job reffing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ooooh, I've missed the referee threads.

Football is back.. Although this is a lame start.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hooper is one of the best, maybe says more about the others! The penalty was an honest decision quickly overturned not an issue VAR working correctly.

He maybe had a reputation with us years ago but I like the way he Ref's games, there are few petty decisions. Spot on with the sending off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep, you’re right. To be fair, not easy to see Calvert-Lewin standing completely on top of on Dunky’s foot! 🤔
I thought it was a penalty in real time. But the first replay it was clear it wasn’t.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hooper is one of the best, maybe says more about the others! The penalty was an honest decision quickly overturned not an issue VAR working correctly.

He maybe had a reputation with us years ago but I like the way he Ref's games, there are few petty decisions. Spot on with the sending off.
This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here