Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Adingra - 20 year old Ivory Coast forward - Signed 24/06/2022

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If you don't follow events probably not best to post suggesting we didn't try and sign anyone!!!
Unless you are privy to that kind of info from within the club how do you know? I heard about KDH which may have been true yet we don’t know if it was a bid or an enquiry.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
We lack better options, but he's not great at this level, or at least not yet.

Behind Mitoma and March for me and given choice I'd start Enciso on the right flank over him too
He's definitely behind Mitoma but on his day I think he's as good as March. Sadly it's that often classic tale with wingers that they are inconsistent. I do think we can cut him a little slack too because of his age.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
He's definitely behind Mitoma but on his day I think he's as good as March. Sadly it's that often classic tale with wingers that they are inconsistent. I do think we can cut him a little slack too because of his age.
On his day he is probably up there with March but he lacks the consistency in performance that Solly has had since RDZ came. Before the injury March was one our most consistent performers, RDZ did for Solly what Poyet did for Adam El-Abd, game them confidence in their ability to go and improve and play with consistency week in week out.

Adingra isn’t there yet with his consistency, a couple of times he looked like he had the beating of Zinchenko but then he stopped trying.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just had a ping from a Spurs fan mate of mine, reckons they're in for him? Hope he's wrong.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not a thing about any Spurs interest that I can find.

Arsenal on the other hand.......

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Guess he’s thinking that he may not be a regular starter. Mitoma and Minteh are probable first choices. Then we’d have Gruda who can play on the right as well as a returning March at some point. On the left we’ll have Enciso and potentially Sarmiento.
If we get Ferdi he can play LWB and RWB.
I saw £45m quoted on X.
Would prefer to keep as I think Mitoma is likely to be off at the end of this season.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Can’t see this personally. Simon is decent, but does make silly mistakes & can have games where he’s ineffective. Maybe he’ll get to top 6 level one day but I don’t see he’s done enough yet to warrant that move.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If we got offered good money, it wouldn't be a massive surprise or disappointment if we did sell him. I like Adingra but when everyone's fit, he's currently our fourth or fifth best wide attacker, and that's before we even potentially add Gruda and not including ACD or Osman yet who could both prove to be better.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just had a ping from a Spurs fan mate of mine, reckons they're in for him? Hope he's wrong.
It wouldn't surprise me.

Of course they'd weep at the size of the fee.

We'll be adding the "too late in the window" tax by now.

Last edited:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Don't forget we only paid £6m for him, so the club could generate some quick and high profit on him.
Supposedly Marseille were linked with him last month, so the club could have made him available for transfer.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If we got offered good money, it wouldn't be a massive surprise or disappointment if we did sell him. I like Adingra but when everyone's fit, he's currently our fourth or fifth best wide attacker, and that's before we even potentially add Gruda and not including ACD or Osman yet who could both prove to be better.
Whilst that may be true, people improve! With the minutes he got last season, I would expect him to come on massively this season. He's 5 years younger than Mitoma, who 5 years ago was playing for Kawasaki Frontale.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Whilst that may be true, people improve! With the minutes he got last season, I would expect him to come on massively this season. He's 5 years younger than Mitoma, who 5 years ago was playing for Kawasaki Frontale.
Inclined to agree with this. I'd rather we kept him for this reason but we can't keep everybody. If it comes to our selling, I just hope we thoroughly rinse the buyer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here